cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES! OVER ONE THOUSAND ITEMS LISTED, MOST ITEMS HAVE FREE SHIPPING?

I sell coins, tokens and collectibles.  In the past year my sales have dropped by 30% over previous year.  They are on the way to drop way below that level.  I have placed many items on sale for 20% off.  I have revised my listings and now offer free shipping to more than 90% of my items.  I have always offered low shipping costs and combined shipping.  I have had many satisfied customers over the years.  I know many other sellers are experiencing the same sales dips, when will EBAY start helping the sellers?  I think EBAY would make more profits by going back on earlier selling platforms.  There will be less sellers offering coins, tokens and collectibles in the future if this continues.  NO sales is becoming the new norm!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: NO SALES! OVER ONE THOUSAND ITEMS LISTED, MOST ITEMS HAVE FREE SHIPPING?

I don't think ebay is supporting items without product ID's. Ever since ebay changed their platform sales have been down considerably. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I think you are right but ebay must have some idea that this is happening yet sellers have not been notified and continue to be charged 35 cents per listing. This is just is not right!

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@detroit_diecast_llc wrote:

I don't think ebay is supporting items without product ID's. Ever since ebay changed their platform sales have been down considerably. 

I sell vintage stamps so no product IDs for me either.

I've started typing "Does not apply"   in that space so EBAYS mindless bots would see "Something" there.

No idea whether it helps,    But I figure it can't hurt.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Please understand that the following is ebay's opinion of you and all sellers. It is not my opinion of you or any seller on ebay.
You are wrong. You are a seller, you have no rights, or appeals process on ebay. ebay does not care who you are, or what you have done, or how you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The buyer is the jury and ebay is the executioner. If the curator of the Smithsonian says something is real and the buyer says it is not, ebay will listen the the buyer and charge the Smithsonian for original and return shipping and take another 4% of their gross sales in the future for being a bad seller compared to their peers. You are wrong and always will be.
You are a seller-you are wrong.
You are a seller- you don't know anything.
You are a seller-ebay does not care about you.
You are a seller-you don't know how to manage your business.
You are a seller-you don't know how to list items properly.
You are a seller-you don't know how to price anything right.
You are a seller-you don't know anything about customer service.
AND ebay is not responsible for what any of their employees ever say to you.
You are a seller-you are trying to steal from every buyer on ebay.
You are a seller-it is your fault when the USPS does not deliver on time.
You are a seller-it is your fault if someone steals a package from a buyer that shows delivered.
You are a seller-YOU ARE WRONG EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT!
You are not a customer of ebay you are a seller and you are WRONG!
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hi

Silver is down , Gold is risky , Tokens good for the subway.

Yesterdays buyers are getting older , coin collecting is going the way of stamps . 

The fifty and under want houses , cars and all the tech they can get.

Sell and bank the funds don't re-up on a downward trend.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Your title states "no sales" in caps, I see 236 sales in the past 90 days. Is ebay reporting off ? Wish i had that many sales. Hope this year is better for you, I am happy with 4 or 5 sales a week. Online has way more competition that what is on here, it's a new day for all of us.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I sell sports team shirts and jerseys some are new some are used I had a a very good 2018 but as the bell hit 2019 I have had 2 sales and 47.00 in sales since the 1st i think Ebays is throttling sales or doing something to distrupt sales watches and views.  I have not than anything different than last year so what is going on

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I had 2800 transactions in 2017 & 2095 transactions in 2018.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I think eBay gets inquiries from big brother, and if your above a certain level of sales without t returns filed, you could be have a sales ceiling, maybe, just saying this might be worth investigating. Try outright calling them and talking to cs ask to reset your page, often I find the squeaky wheel syndrome just plain make an effort to be more partner friendly with them, make it a goal, when you make money so do they, good luck selling.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

lots more competition, the pie is only so big. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

YOUR POST...IS SO TRUE!

And it made me laugh 🙂 Which is hard to do right now because I am **bleep** at eBay for screwing the Seller AGAIN!  Anyways, thanks for putting out there the REAL rules that eBay goes by..

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I noticed in your listings that you are selling fixed price and mostly free shipping, as you mentioned in your post. Your listings look great.

Whenever I sell coins, whether they're worth $5 or $500, I sell them by way of a 99 cent starting price auction plus actual shipping cost, and virtually everything sells. Since you're concerned about "no sales" as stated in the title of your OP, why not boost your sales by trying some 99 cent start auctions, charging shipping cost as well? Then again, even though that's what works for me, it might not be what's best for you. Either way, best of luck in boosting your sales this year.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Something seems to have changed at the first of the year, the ePid thing could be it. My last sale was on Dec. 31st, haven't had one sale so far this year. In the 5 years I've been selling full time, I've NEVER gone a week without a sale. We're now at 10 days. I've had slow periods, sure, but never this long. Will be getting some new items listed later this week, hopefully that might help break things loose. 

I'll also be working more on listing things elsewhere.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Do any of you watch the news? Lack of sales is a direct result of the current political situation. 

People can't afford to buy on eBay, they aren't getting paid.

Want more sales, put pressure on the Washington mafia to fix this mess.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply