cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW ITEM SPECIFICS, I now have 1500 listing to fix, every one of them

I came here as the last straw, I am so upset. My main account even though yesterday showed NOT ONE item specific needing any information, this morning I had 150, so I worked on them all morning. IF anyone has any idea how to get around this crap, please let me know. I now have 1500 to change that is how many I have listed, the ones I fixed today, need fixing again, the very same ones. HELP, I am desperate, it took me over 5 minutes fixing each one and that was timing it, how will I ever fix 1500 listing. I have a much smaller account where I sell made jewelry and it is the same all 100 of those need to be FIXED.  IF anyone has a solution, please let me know, this is making me sick. thanks 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: NEW ITEM SPECIFICS, I now have 1500 listing to fix, every one of them

@terprov      DO NOT try to revise anything today, they tell you that upfront in this message..........if you are smart you'll wait til next wk.......  You will/lose any revisions you try to make because they may still be making changes.

Your affected listings should return to normal within 48 hours, though you may see irregularities on some listings for up to a week. We recommend checking your item specifics and categories in affected listings after these updates are complete.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

We're all in the same boat here.  What I've been doing is fixing the ones under "item specifics that will be required soon".  Fill out everything that pertains to your listing.  Certain drop boxes just won't have anything to do with your specific listing, so don't fill them in.  Once your done, at the bottom of the "add specifics" page is a click box that says "don't remind me about these specifics again" click it, click save, and on to the next one.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

HI, well I am not alone, I am sure, does anyone know what happens if you don't fill in the item specifics, do you listings get in any trouble, do they put you in ebay jail because you don't fill out the item specifics

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@terprov      DO NOT try to revise anything today, they tell you that upfront in this message..........if you are smart you'll wait til next wk.......  You will/lose any revisions you try to make because they may still be making changes.

Your affected listings should return to normal within 48 hours, though you may see irregularities on some listings for up to a week. We recommend checking your item specifics and categories in affected listings after these updates are complete.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You're just filling in the drop boxes buyers use to search for your item.  The more that are filled out, the more specific a search for your item can be, and in turn more people see it.  Not sure what you're selling, but I'm in jewelry.  Every single set of item specifics has details for diamonds.  If I have an item that doesn't have diamonds, I'm not going to fill out those categories.  Beyond that, just fill out everything you can that actually pertains to your item.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am having the very same problems, I don't sell diamonds but darn there are lots of spaces for clarity color, etc. I was just filling them in with N/A.  I thought we have to filled out every specifics, it is funny I never notice the do not ask me again button until you mention it and it is right in the middle of the page.  I appreciate your comments, but the thought of spending a week on the computer just to fix the listing is really wearing on me, but it looks like there is no one else standing in line to do it. I am going to wait a week or two and then do a certain amount every day. I am thinking I will be through by Christmas if I am lucky. You said you sell in Jewelry, did you notice they took off the gemstone section, now all the stones go into one, crazy

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I just ended all the affected listings mostly old postcards. Many of the specifics requested don't make sense to the actual post card. I don't have time to waste fixing all those at once.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Heck, I've only got 50 items, but I'm waiting till next week. Sales have picked back up after a day. Whew Can we respond to customer questions yet? I had one I couldnt answer. Ebay gave me a error message. That item sold since. Sorry bud. I tried.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I dont think the message issue is a part of this restructure, but there is a work around until it is fixed. It is hassle, but may at least keep a buyer happy.

Click on the member ID from within the message, this will take you to their profile

From their profile, click "Contact" on the right,

Select "This is not about an item", then "Continue"

Send Message

@101dolphns 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have the same problem. I try to fix each specific listing and it still says I need to do specific again and again on the same item. Help please!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply