cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales have never stunk so bad. GTC has altered something. Why eBay Why?

By the looks of it I'm not the only one that is being affected with low sales since the GTC crazy was implemented.   Thanks for making more work and next to no profits for a long time seller.  Why can't you just leave things alone?

Very disappointed and frustrated.  😞

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

I was doing really well until GTC kicked in.  Now I'm getting lots of 'watches' who apparently are well aware that these listing could go on forever and consequently are in no hurry to purchase.

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

I have not suffered any loss.  But you raise a good point.  There is some psychology to how and when people purchase.  I know sometimes my 30 day listings would expire and I'd leave them expired for awhile only to get a message asking if I was going to relist it.  Then they buy.

I catch myself riding that same psychological wave from time to time.  I'll watch something, want something, but after I notice it is gone I think, "Oh no, I missed out..."  IDK.  We humans are a funny lot.

Message 3 of 89
latest reply

I'm Heading to the RIVER for a Cleansing Swim....GTC(GOT THE CRICKETS) on the Bay...Good Luck to All.!!!

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

I too was doing fine until the GTC policy finally affected all my rolled over 30days..now I am seeing the effects.  NOT GOOD!

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

Add to the mix the new, "Send watchers an offer", I think many are sitting on listings now waiting to see what your offer to them might be.
Message 6 of 89
latest reply

I feel your pain. My sales have always fluctuated to a certain extent, but now that time duration options have been taken away on fixed price listings, I have only been listing auction style being I have no interest in monitoring to end listings as some are choosing to do. With that said, it has been chirping crickets for me (not much selling) which is pretty disappointing being my sales were picking up pretty good right before GTC hit. I'm sure that GTC is not the only thing that has affected sales, but it makes no sense to me that they took away time duration options that worked better for some sellers. Every time a new update is put in place, it is portrayed as being good, or to help sellers, but every time I have had to deal with the updates or changes, I have RARELY found it to be good or helpful Smiley Mad The results I have experienced over time have been ... more fees, more rules, more time consuming, and more hoops to jump through! It is becoming a big waste of time trying to sell here, and I am loosing interest real fast. I have started taking car loads to donation centers since Ebay has proved to me that they do not value me, my time, my efforts, or the revenue I have generated for US since joining back in 2002. I don't even know why I bother to post on here because it appears that Ebay either doesn't read our posts, or they do not care to take concerns into consideration from the source of their being, which is THE SELLERS. What I do know is that I am fed up, and I am done conforming to the **bleep** implementations and updates! Whats the point if options are taken away, more fees are charged in multiple areas, and I can't make any money?

Message 7 of 89
latest reply

That makes sense, but I've always listed for 30 days, (in my store) but the auto relist instead of timing out and then manually relisting has done something, I can't figure it out. Doing auctions doesn't work for what I sell bcs ppl want it NOW, if they want it at all...so none of eBays options work well.. I'm on my 3rd day of zero sales. **bleep**?? Not normal at all.
Message 8 of 89
latest reply

Exactly...totally agree. I pay a store fee for THIS??? Somethings gotta give.
Message 9 of 89
latest reply

Well said!
Message 10 of 89
latest reply

Greetings,

I was lucky, my store subscription was up May 1st, no store for me at this time. I am on the sidelines for now. Been selling since 1998. A long time. Enjoyed it for the most part. As of late I feel things are being manipulated. I know searches are skewed because I have been focused on buying and cannot find anything without ALOT of effort. 

When I get back to selling it will be auctions that are as close to one of a kind as possible. Store items will have to wait for now. 

At this time my fees are down to about 50 bucks, next month about 17 buck...then NOTHING. Far cry from my normal fees. Yes, I KNOW, I wont break the back of ebay, so no need for the comments that ebay will survive.

But I got to say, I sure feel free.

You may be thinking, what about selling my stuff. Well, I have increased my presence at trade shows and they are going great. It gas also been nice reconnecting with old venues and people. Best of all percent of fees to sales is about 10-18% 

Anyway good luck to all, looking forward to getting back to ebay with a new business model, but will be in no hurry.

Message 11 of 89
latest reply

My thought is that I must downsize my store for the July 1st renewal and continue to avoid spending any money on epay.  I am working the "end" listing circus now and am not going to continue to pay $60 a month to manage a mess.  $22 per month won't feel so bad and I will have a plan of how to merchandise my coins and matchbook covers better by then.  Funny thing though. I have been selling all sorts of miscellaneous stuff over the past few weeks.  I used to just list hundreds of items and waited for the fish to bite.  Starting now I will let many items die on the vine and sell them by the box at the next garage sale in a couple of weeks.  I think to downsize I better have fewer than 250 auctions and 250 GTC items when I click to change the store from Premium to Basic.   

Message 12 of 89
latest reply

Please be aware that the 250 auction style listings in a Basic Store are limited to clothing and collectible categories.
Message 13 of 89
latest reply

Is it not true Premium store auctions are limited to clothing and collectible categories also? If I am reading it correct basic store is 250 and 250, premium is 500/1000. Same categories applying to both. Correct me if I am wrong.  If so what is the point. 

Message 14 of 89
latest reply

My sales are starting to flatline right around the nineteenth - kinda like a cliff,.,.,.I wonder how the buyers are seeing it? The option to throw offers out to the buyers came alive for me- I did a few but nothing,,Not so sure I want to bother people with spam

Message 15 of 89
latest reply