cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales have never stunk so bad. GTC has altered something. Why eBay Why?

By the looks of it I'm not the only one that is being affected with low sales since the GTC crazy was implemented.   Thanks for making more work and next to no profits for a long time seller.  Why can't you just leave things alone?

Very disappointed and frustrated.  😞

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: My sales have never stunk so bad. GTC has altered something. Why eBay Why?

Here's an other thought:

I had my first Manage Payments buy yesterday and I had to stop, dig out my credit card, input it, and go through extra steps.  There were times along the way I was temped to just hit the back button and not buy the item BECAUSE of the hassle of having to input my payment info EVERY. **bleep**. TIME. I want to buy something.

Maybe THAT is what is killing sales for so many people, not the GTC.  (I'm still on Paypal and it looks like many others are too).

Message 76 of 89
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

@candjvito440 wrote:

My sales are now down 40& since GTC stated.  It's a case of "don't fix what's not broken" your ruining peoples income and lives!!  When is this going to end!!  If things don't change quickly I'll be looking for a job and having to put eBay on the back burner.  Very disappointed and depressed.

You have sold 180 items in the month of May alone. That is pretty impressive and it doesn't appear as though the format you sell in or the duration is making ANY difference as to whether buyers buy or their decision to buy from YOU as opposed to someone else.

What are you calling them a liar. If they say they are off and you can't see what there sales were for march then how do you know.

I love Ebay selling but really I don't live on it.  I DO have a day job. Sometimes,

Sometimes when something is wrong. We need to fight it or we will continue to get walked on.

we need to admit that our jobs aren't paying the rent and find new ones.

Maybe they need to stay home and work from there from a circumstance that you don't know.

You are not in there shoes.

Message 77 of 89
latest reply

I have been using GTC for my listings. I sell the same thing in different variations. I adjust my inventory to keep a low quantity to put a little urgency on the buyer to think they are 'almost gone'. I usually have no more than 3-5 quantity per listing. Most of my items are $100-$160. I have been having record months and am very excited about how my sales are right now.
Message 78 of 89
latest reply

concur on the GTC - My sales have absolutely tanked since fee-bay implemented another one of their genius ideas...

Message 79 of 89
latest reply

Friend,

I agree about low sales!!  I have several friends who have mentioned this to me.

I have tried to step back and look at the bigger picture at eBay and this is what I have come with.

Anybody that has a store will remember when promoted listed into affect this past year.  This was a way of boosting sales and moving items up the LISTING LADDER for greater amount of views.  This feature not only gained greater views but also allowed eBay to dip there finger into your profits.   I believe this was the starting of the bigger picture.  Now that we are no long able to control our inventory listing time it has become more of a challenge to review our sales and items at the end of any given 30 day cycle.    We as sellers were able to review our adds update & do changes and even decide if we wanted to continue on with the listing of the item.  No we are forced to to let our item s run to the bottom of the listing items or pursue the Promoted listing to gain more visibility and allow eBay to dip into the profit of our sales.  

If this post does not post I am getting a Authentication failed error from eBay.  Also a Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Message 80 of 89
latest reply

@rixstuff.
Your 1-7 item list of why sales are falling here doesn't explain why am I selling the exact same items (I cross post the same items) on another site for the last year and sales are booming. Another platform is keeping me alive, and I only started a store there 1 year ago next month.

eBay IS broken for many sellers, and the proof for me is my items sell just fine, fast and at higher prices on another platform.

eBay sales may be ROLLING in, but they aren't rolling for many sellers here now. When the exact same items sell on another platform for higher prices, then eBay is clearly not the place for me anymore.

When someone can explain logically to me WHY sales are fine on another platform but a PITA here to make AND keep sold with no **bleep**, then I will believe it is the sellers and not the platform.

Thankfully, there are options for us, eBay is not the only game in town, and these smaller sites are booming thanks a lot to I think eBay sellers and buyers moving over to them the last couple of years.

I think these smaller sites are where a lot of eBay sellers of collectibles and other categories are going to reset up shop. A couple of them are on track to becoming bigger sites fast too. There is a mass migration of sellers right now to these sites, doubt it will affect eBay sales overall as they have so many sellers here now.

Time will tell.
Message 81 of 89
latest reply

I don't think it's fair that the free listings are only for collectibles or clothes.  Come on, ebay!  We pay enough for our stores, we should get free listings no matter what we sell.

I sell plants and the GTC has really screwed me over.  Flower bulbs need to be planted at a certain time!

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

My sales have dropped, too.  The chart shows I am down almost 66% at this time.  I will drop out of Ebay if my sales don't improve.  It's very discouraging. Why is Ebay always changing things, (I was doing well with my sales before) The people who make the changes are not the Sellers.  My sales have gone down to almost nothing!!!

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

Totally agree - they need to stop the GTC and let us choose. Basically THEY run our business.
Message 84 of 89
latest reply

You are EXACTLY right. But they keep pumping the great economy. I was a Director of Finance and I know better. You are smart - good job.
Message 85 of 89
latest reply

Did you take all your items down - nothing is there
Message 86 of 89
latest reply

@storytimequilts wrote:

You sold 5 items in 90 days? Your sales are up?   Wow. Guess you didn't have anything listed before that..  Or at least no sales!!

No, I've sold more then that.

If you look at my solds, it's only showing sold items that I've sold multiple quantities of.

My single sold items haven't been showing up in solds for a few months now.

Have a great day.
Message 87 of 89
latest reply

Sorry to hear you are feeling the eBay slowdown like so many other sellers are! I sure hope you adjusted to the lack of eBay sales since the GTC change and moved on. Good luck!

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 88 of 89
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

My single sold items haven't been showing up in solds for a few months now.

Yours is messed up, too? Mine has been messed up for a year or more.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 89 of 89
latest reply