Their free shipping lies.

Its not ebay’s fault

That I don’t like their overreach

Their arrogance

Their creepy need to control.

Its not ebay’s fault

That I care about my customers

That I take time to pack carefully

That I go to the post office every single day.

Its not eBay’s fault

That I earned 100% positive feedback

And that I buy

as much as I sell.

Its not eBay’s fault

That I have rural slow internet

And detest the waiting

for listings.

Its not eBay’s fault

That their forced GTC

is the last straw for me

And tonight I call it quits.

Its not eBay’s fault

That I feel dismissed as a customer

as a seller & as a buyer

Taken for granted, ignored.

Its not eBay’s fault

that I can no longer stomach

their sense of entitlement

to that which was never theirs

to begin with.

I’ll miss the sellers,

I’ll miss the buyers.

I’ll miss the community.

Such is the price for freedom.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: My last post before breaking up with ebay: Its not your fault, its mine

I understand. Like cooking lobsters. I’m out.
Message 16 of 39
latest reply

I use to buy a ton here. When ebay made it a point to over step and treat me like trash as a seller i decided to take my buying business to the site that treates me better as a seller.

American customer service. Fix problems over the phone instantly or immediately issue credits to make up for it. They call me twice a month just to say thanks and see if i have any questions or concerns. If buyer return broken or fraud item im covered. Here.....lol.

20 year customer here. Buyer and seller. I will not reward bad behavior and abuse toward me as a seller by making purchases here any longer. Ive spent $3700 so far this year online. Every cent on one site and this one aint it. Even though all products were sold here sometimes for less. If i feel and react this way im quite sure others have too. And instead of ebay trying to keep me as a valued customer they double down and look for ways to make up list revenue by finding ways to charge me as a seller.....without increasing sales of course.
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

"The sellers won’t miss one little buyer leaving any more than the buyers will miss one little seller leaving. And ebay certainly has made it clear it doesn’t care as much about us as we do (did) about them. "
I shut down too. maybe if more us take a stand they will get the message.
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

" It is a great big yard sale. " yes taht is where my inventory si going teh first week-end of May , one yard sale adn I am done.
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

At least you're not blaming Ebay for your dislike of not liking to sell and buy here. It is definitely not for everyone. Sooner or later those that feel like it was suppose to be some partnership end up leaving. For others they understand it is business and just a place to sell their wares. Good luck selling and buying wherever it is you end up.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

My professor in labor law said that nearly every law ever written was designed to address or prevent a wrong. 

You were not here in the wild west freak show early days of Ebay.  There were actually listings WITH NO PICTURES! Buyers and Sellers negging each other for no reason (or in response to a feedback). No postal tracking, money order fraud, western union payments, no paypal (or any other online payment), individual seller credit card software for payments, no payment security, TONS of counterfeits, no disputes for INRs or SNADS.  "New" sellers offering expensive impossible to find (or non-existent) items, collecting the money and disappearing WITHIN the first MONTH.

Back when we paid 5 cent for EACH PICTURE in a listing before they gave us 12, no freebies, and up to $1.35 per listing, no FP, No BIN, No offers.  Refunds without returns, SOL for items lost, etc.

You may not like the rules on Ebay or be able to figure out how to live with them but many of us have seen where they came from and why and we fought **bleep** hard to get them.

Yes I am advocating suck it up and deal.  Work it out and make it work.  THIRTY MILLION transactions a day happen here.  That doesn't happen on a dying site or one where it is "too hard" to sell.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Couldn't disagree with this more.

Ebay was successful when Ebay was fun. THere is just as much fraud here now as there was then, but now its just committed by the buyers. 

Telling people to "suck it up and make it work" is like a boss telling you he doesn't care about your well-being to "just show up and work". We don't work for Ebay, we have choices, and without us sellers, Ebay dies. Its on life support as it is. 

If you can make this dysfunctional circus work for you, congrats but I, and many others, have, or soon will, reach a breaking point. 

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Here's the important part not to miss:  People are leaving Ebay to go to other sites that have ALREADY had GTC FOR YEARS.  They don't do auctions and they don't do short term. And all Ebay is doing is giving us here EXACTLY what sellers on other sites have always had.  And Dog help those who hate best offers - the other sites are ALL ABOUT making and taking offers! So if you don't like offers OR GTC maybe online selling isn't for you.  Cause that's how it works.

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

"Sometimes we are forced into directions we ought to have found for ourselves"

Change the channel!
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

I'm not sure what your point is? You don't seem to understand the difference between a monthly subscription plan and per item listing fees.  

Please tell me what other site uses a per item, automatically charged, listing fee?

And I don't need you to tell me if online selling is right for me.  I've made aliving for 20 plus years in E-Commerce with several Million dollar in sales. First with Ebay from 2000-2012 and then, after Ebay became started rolling out terrible changes, on a competitors website where sales and the platform remain steady and consistent

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Ok byeee! Good luck!
Enjoy the higher fees and stricter guidelines elsewhere!
Message 26 of 39
latest reply

If ebay is making more profit off your sales than you are, that's not eBay's fault. that's poor management.
GTC is so useful if you know how to use it correctly. But it doesn't fit everyone's business model.
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

And the increased sales and profits!

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Maybe when you signed on, you were unaware that you also agreed to site changes and policy changes. It's every member's own responsibility to keep up with, and to learn about the changes. If it doesn't work for you, you are not under contract to stay. It is eBay's site to run the way they will, for those whose business model the platform does fit.
Blaming ebay for being ebay is... ridiculous.
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

... And they certainly will not fair well trying to run their own site if they can't do it here!
Message 30 of 39
latest reply