cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ebay sales are down 69% in the last 30 days!

I went from running 400-500 listings to now this month about 30. The computer algorithms that the eBay "TEAM" (Cough, Cough) cant even generate a single sale now that I have decreased my listing totals. I brought 3 carloads of ebay inventory to the church down the street. They were really happy to have it.

Is anyone else having this huge type of sales drop? Along with that customers are asking me information about the item that I already took time to type into the description which tells me that the click description button is now quietly being implimend.

Message 1 of 174
latest reply
173 REPLIES 173

Re: My Ebay sales are down 69% in the last 30 days!

My sales have gone way down too.  I'm losing interest.  It has become increasingly difficult to sell using the buy it now feature. And the Top Sellers emblem means nothing. We are now only getting 10 percent rather than a 20 percent bonus.  And I hate that they keep making it more and more complex to find information with all this seller hub stuff.

Message 151 of 174
latest reply

Trust me, I know all about the famous eBay employee statement, which offers no proof for any of your outlandish opinions.

Oh just answering your outlandish question....but in typical EBay cheerleader fashion you’re not providing any facts either.

just personal attacks that the Mods will ignore.

Thats typically how you can tell who’s on the payroll.

Just a fun little observation for those keeping track at home.

There was no personal attack - just a statement that it was your opinion.

Lol m kay - that's being a smart aleck and rude 

The "cheerleaders" are also suffering with a slow down in sales - but we understand about rotatation, visibility, the criteria to get higher placement and a little ole thing called the weather. CA, Texas and Florida are big sell to states - all have suffered severe damage due to the weather and wildfires. Most of these people don't have homes anymore - and buying on Ebay or anywhere else on the internet is not their priority - especially when they are living in motels, shelters, or with family because their homes aren't livable. Areas are still cordoned off - and I know the USPS's moto is thru rain and snow - but when there is no street, no house and no mailbox - beside being cordoned off by authorities - there is no place to deliver things to.

Message 152 of 174
latest reply

Now tell us - what sites are you on and what is your selling ID here so we can substantiate all these claims? 

Wish I was a pd shill as I could use the cash this month - all they give me is extra exposure and 1000 free listings. I'm being facetious - but you're going to believe what you're going to believe - I don't want the rest of those who post here falling into your tin foil hat theories and not correct the things they need to so they are successful.

Message 153 of 174
latest reply

Could be because your listings have fallen off with the suspension and since jewelry is so oversaturated - you are not getting the exposure you had.

Message 154 of 174
latest reply

@baantiques

Those are some scary observations there!  Could more listing coming on have brought on this problem?  

I don't doubt you, but that certainly indicates things are now harder.

Message 155 of 174
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Could be because your listings have fallen off with the suspension and since jewelry is so oversaturated - you are not getting the exposure you had.

Now, did that make you feel better?

Message 156 of 174
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@baantiques

Those are some scary observations there!  Could more listing coming on have brought on this problem?  

I don't doubt you, but that certainly indicates things are now harder.

I've always noticed two things - that every so often, sales drop off, things that used to work no longer do, etc etc, which I attribute to Ebay making changes to search which affect visibility, and not really giving much info as to what the changes were, forcing us to figure it out on our own, and that when my sales go on a tear, they always come to an abrupt halt just when I'm on a pace to shatter my best month's sales.

Message 157 of 174
latest reply

Now today sales are up 83% over the previous period, which is great.  But sales are still down 21% over the period July 15-August 15. Now, that was an unbelievable month, mostly due to two items totalling almost $2k, so if you take those away, I'm actually up some.

I guess I need to continue with the auctions.  I sold almost $300 yesterday, and all were auctions except for $71.  What I see happening here is the same thing that happened to me 3 1/2 years ago when I tried to expand.  I bought out a warehouse full of automotive filters for later models.  I immediately started selling like gangbusters, but sales of my Ford parts went down by the same amount.  That seems to be what's happening here - sales of my non auction listings have gone down by an amount roughly equal to my auctions.  And people claim Ebay doesn't have hidden limits.

Message 158 of 174
latest reply

Update.

Sales are up 55% over the period Sept 25-Oct 25.  Impressions uo 43%, page views up 45%, conversion rate up 2.1% to 3.7%.

Still down about 15% over the period July 25-August 25.

I have hit the infamous Ebay glass ceiling as far as as monthly sales go.  Sales have leveled out, which was completely expected.  At least now I have some extra cash to put back into the business and enough to live on.

Message 159 of 174
latest reply

baantiques wrote:..........Update..........

Sales are up 55% over the period Sept 25-Oct 25.  Impressions uo 43%, page views up 45%, conversion rate up 2.1% to 3.7%.

I have hit the infamous Ebay glass ceiling as far as as monthly sales go.  Sales have leveled out, which was completely expected.  At least now I have some extra cash to put back into the business and enough to live on.

Maybe.... but maybe not.  It could be a couple of other factors that come into play.  At some point, the number of buyers shopping a given category reach their current limit, so at that point sellers have only the option of growing sales by taking them away from their competition, and that's a harder and slower way to continue growing.

And, we're reaching the last week in October now, so tons of buyers are putting their money into purchases for the upcoming holidays and spending less on their hobbies, their own personal needs, parts needed to continue working on their dreams in your case, etc.  So while the sales pick up for many as we head into the strong holiday shopping season, for some sellers that isn't so, and sales taper down for them instead. 

Perhaps you are experiencing a bit of these possibilities at this time.  But, regardless, I am so very pleased to read of your business growth and excellent returns on the effort and strategy you've developed and put into action! 

Message 160 of 174
latest reply

My sales are down last month. Also I don't have buyers from US. This is very strange for me. Where are all buyers from US? This week I have buyers from EU only. 

Message 161 of 174
latest reply

The problems with eBay are many. However one of there main issues is there system. They put no money into there system period. When you search for a item if u miss one keyword or put in to many keywords the items don’t show up and when they do it’s a bunch of Chinese sellers. Another issue is promoted listings eBay wants more of your money and if you look at most items the first five to ten that pop up are Chinese sellers because they promote the **bleep** out of there listings. Ebay has gone downhill the last few years and it will get worse. My suggestion is start selling on other avenues. Facebook, Bonanza, Amazon, Flea Markets, Craft Shows etc. This year my sales are down 50 percent on eBay. I have over 600 listings and truckloads of inventory I refuse to put on eBay. Upside is my Amazon has been doing great. Good luck. 

Message 162 of 174
latest reply

You don't happen to work for eBay, do you?
Message 163 of 174
latest reply

gstc2017 wrote:
You don't happen to work for eBay, do you?

Yeah... about as much as you do!  Smiley Very Happy 

Seriously, lots of the old-timers who are here on the discussion boards quite a bit are just buyers/sellers who have a lot of experience here and have learned a lot about how to navigate in such a way as to bring up pretty good success and then maintain it through thick and thin.

Love to read their advice and suggestions given here and take it all under advisement and into great consideration.  Their years of experience that is positive is valuable to me, as opposed to listening to those who... couldn't/didn't/aren't making it.  Those are the voices I don't want to do much guiding of my businesses here.  lol

Message 164 of 174
latest reply

Message 165 of 174
latest reply