cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ebay sales are down 69% in the last 30 days!

I went from running 400-500 listings to now this month about 30. The computer algorithms that the eBay "TEAM" (Cough, Cough) cant even generate a single sale now that I have decreased my listing totals. I brought 3 carloads of ebay inventory to the church down the street. They were really happy to have it.

Is anyone else having this huge type of sales drop? Along with that customers are asking me information about the item that I already took time to type into the description which tells me that the click description button is now quietly being implimend.

Message 1 of 174
latest reply
173 REPLIES 173

Hello. I only have a small amout listed. but Had seen views just stop. I am trying to make guess. as to why.. One thing I am looking at now. I did stop Listing when the drop in veiws happened. Before I was listing daily.... what about you ?  I am  getting My huge load of pins Friday.  so I will get to start listing again and see if That was why.. I am working on Why.. this is A.. I have a B I am going to look at next.. there has to be a reason.

Message 2 of 174
latest reply

Me.  I've had one sale so far this month, but admit to taking one week off.  Maybe Cassini doesn't like it when we take time off.

Message 3 of 174
latest reply

Not really sure what you're complaining about - you say you dropped from 400-500 down to 30 and now have no sales - I see that you've already sold 12 items this month - sell thru about 40% - what are you complaining about? 

Message 4 of 174
latest reply

You got any more of those "WEED" signs?

If so we can raise your sales a notch. . .

Message 5 of 174
latest reply

I have stopped listing weeks ago due to family illness. I will start to list as things start to sell. Thats my philosophy of how a business works. Not the other way around.

You dont "list more" when the things you already have up are not selling.....I am throwing money down the drain. I dont have time to sell at Flea Markets but every time I do the stuff I had listed here dissapears before 9:00 in the morning.

I am done wasting time here.

Message 6 of 174
latest reply

No sorry those Weed signs were really cool. 1 bidder only. They were antique signs too!

Message 7 of 174
latest reply

My sales went to 0. I'll admit I had 2 deaths and wasn't really trying but I had over 100 listings. shouldve sold something. I closed my store, took my listings down & donated a truckload of stuff. I still have a shed full but I'm deciding whether to continue here or not.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 8 of 174
latest reply

I agree.. except.. I use to have a real shop. and if the things did not draw interest we would rotate the shelf items. , as I said. I am just trying to find the cause of the view stop.
Message 9 of 174
latest reply

I am not going to be buying here anymore either. I dont care how low the price is. I am also not going to be leaving feedback for sellers anymore. If it was a two way street then you would'nt hear a peep from me but I'm not putting up with all these rule changes on top of a platform that blatantly could not give two S**** about smaller sellers that were the ones that built ebay from the ground up.

There will be much better options for selling in the very near future, (within 2 years time) than what eBay can offer their smaller sellers today. That includes:

1. 100% Seller protection.

2. Free or nearly Free listing platforms

3. Ability to pay with any currency of your choice at any time. 

Ebay is just trying to be Amazon and will fail. The only thing of any value they will have is the catchy name that most people will soon conotate at least one negative experience from. So if you are a small seller of old unique rare items there will be new options for every one of us.

Message 10 of 174
latest reply

Down 69% OW!!! To answer your question, down 41% here last 31 days and down 24% from this time last year.

Message 11 of 174
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have about 400 items listed and I have dropped 53%.  Not happy  I have tried to do everything they suggest.

Message 12 of 174
latest reply

I do hope everyone's sales pick up - August started out slow - but I started listing a few things daily, put a couple of items on sale that had been sitting - and sales have been pouring in.

When things are slow - continue to list a couple of things a day - or revise your listings and use other key words. Put a couple of shelf sitters on clearance - once you get a few sales - your visibility improves. 

Promotions did not work for me - but doing this does.

Message 13 of 174
latest reply

That hurts! I dont know if you are a single man/woman operation but its  60+ hour work weeks between listing and sourcing.

Ebay is not worth the money they charge to sell here. As each new ecommerce site starts up it makes ebays fees look more and more rediculous.

Ebay has made it abundantly clear over the last 6 months that they dont give a CR AP about  most sellers. You are just a liability to the bottom line and a means of generating cash for themselves for doing nothing but busting sellers balls.

Message 14 of 174
latest reply

Instead of doing what they suggest - try doing what other successful sellers on here suggest. Everyone who's sales are down are trying the Ebay methods but many of us have found other ways to increase sales.

Each ecommerce site has made changes and upset their buyers and sellers - try checking out their forums to see how easy it is to sell elsewhere. If a site has less fees than Ebay - chances are the slaes are lower too. Now some sellers who have moved to other sites will tell you how great their sales are there - but when comparing their sell through rates - they are selling no more on these better sites than they were on Ebay.

Message 15 of 174
latest reply