cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account was suspended for listing unauthorized item - However -- I followed protocol & it's legit

I have been listing these star wars mini figures for several years. They are NOT made by Lego and I don't have anywhere in my listings that they are Lego --- I had put in the descriptions that these are lego compatible but are Not made by Lego. In brand, I either put unknown or I put Pogo which was the brand for several of them. 

I even listed these under star wars memorabilia. 

I looked under ebay's policy for what I have listed and as far as I know, I followed protocol. 

Apparently a representative from Lego contacted Ebay about my listings and about 4 of my listings were removed and they suspended me for a month. 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

I had these items listed for at least 4 years w/o a problem always listing the same way, same description and everything w/o ever running into a problem w/ being suspended and now out of nowhere, I'm suspended for a month --- No warning, nothing. I figured I was doing everything correctly -- what did i do wrong? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: My Account was suspended for listing unauthorized item - However -- I followed protocol & it

3d printer? someone bought your item and complained it sounds like, ebay has an ethics division with a whole staff dedicated to dealing with fake items and copyrights, good luck with them, hope you get your account back, good time to chill.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: My Account was suspended for listing unauthorized item - However -- I followed protocol & it

Selling autographed items without certification from a reputable third party can get you in some hot water too.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@musicmayhem2016wrote:

I have been listing these star wars mini figures for several years. They are NOT made by Lego and I don't have anywhere in my listings that they are Lego --- I had put in the descriptions that these are lego compatible but are Not made by Lego. In brand, I either put unknown or I put Pogo which was the brand for several of them. 

I even listed these under star wars memorabilia. 

I looked under ebay's policy for what I have listed and as far as I know, I followed protocol. 

Apparently a representative from Lego contacted Ebay about my listings and about 4 of my listings were removed and they suspended me for a month. 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

I had these items listed for at least 4 years w/o a problem always listing the same way, same description and everything w/o ever running into a problem w/ being suspended and now out of nowhere, I'm suspended for a month --- No warning, nothing. I figured I was doing everything correctly -- what did i do wrong? 

Did you use the word Lego in the title?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:
3d printer? someone bought your item and complained it sounds like, ebay has an ethics division with a whole staff dedicated to dealing with fake items and copyrights, good luck with them, hope you get your account back, good time to chill.

Where did you get a 3d printer out of the op

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You said they were Lego compatible but were they specifically made to be compatible with Lego?  If not, that could be the problem...just a guess.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/verified-rights-owner-program.html#m22_tb_... (from the FAQ)

Brand name misuse
You may not use brand names in your listing if the product isn't manufactured by or compatible with that brand. You may use "compatible with," "fits," or "for" before a brand name if the item you are describing is specifically designed to be compatible with the products of that brand.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Lego? I'm astounded Disney hasn't nailed you by now.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@emersoausti0wrote:

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:

Where did you get a 3d printer out of the op

Given the sketchy brand information, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of these items were, as it were, "homebrew."

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

buying a 3d printer to produce rip off legos is a completely backwards business model
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I doubt a 3D printer has anything to do with this. Knockoff, bootleg, counterfeit (or whatever you'd like to call them) Pogo figures can be purchased cheaply from China. 

OP, unless you're from China there is no proper protocol to follow when trying to sell these figures. Pogo does not have authorization to make Star Wars figures. You can not sell these at all. Yes, there are people doing it but they are either from China or they haven't been caught yet. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

If you're suspended for a month, how do you explain the 195 active listings on your account?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Then my first post was on point: If Lego doesn't get the OP, Disney will.wink

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Lego is now connected with Disney?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@disneyshopperwrote:

Lego is now connected with Disney?

The Mouse owns the Force.

This segment of marketing is controlled by the little plastic brick maker.  The inference was that if they didn't get the OP, the Mouse would for misuse of the name as a whole.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*itwrote:

If you're suspended for a month, how do you explain the 195 active listings on your account?

Not sure but doesn't suspened sometimes mean that they will leave your current listings alone, but you cannot list any new ones until your suspension is up.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply