cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 18 year old account with 100% positive feedback just got suspended indefinitely for selling CBD

I have been selling products on Ebay's platform for 18 years with a 100% positive feedback rating through my personal account. I recently read an article where one of Ebay's executives stated that searches and sales of CBD oil products have gr
eatly increased throughout 2018.

Link to Yahoo article here

Ebay's Vice President of of Buyer Experiences, Bradford Shellhammer, told Yahoo! Finance that eBay shoppers purchased over 39,000 cannabidiol (CBD) oils and supplements this year and conducted 284,000 related searches.

So why is it that when I decide to list 3 of my businesses CBD products through my business account that we get suspended indefinitely with no recourse or ability to appeal the decision?

Me and my team have spent multiple days on the phone with Ebay's outsourced customer service agents trying to get to the bottom of this. No one will give us an answer as to why the documents we supplied when Ebay requested them were non-sufficient to continue business.

On top of banning my business account, Ebay has also closed my personal account since it was related to the business. That's 18 years of work down the drain. Never a black mark on its record. Never a negative buyer review. All gone. With no recourse?? How is that fair???

I hope this post can make it's way to someone at eBay who can actually help fix this.

When I search the word CBD on ebay it comes up with thousands of products that are actively for sale. The same exact products we were trying to sell.

I'm failing to understand why these sellers can sell CBD on Ebay's platform, but we have been singled out and banned from doing the same.

CBD has been legalized by the signing of the 2018 Farm Bill and there's no reason why my accounts should've been banned.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: My 18 year old account with 100% positive feedback just got suspended indefinitely for selling C

So am I! I thought it would take a lot longer. But I definitely wasn't going to stop till it was resolved. I'm very happy they reached out and explained everything in detail because honestly that was just wrong how it went down. 

Defintely exciting to see that things are progressing, even if it's just a small piece at a time. We need companies like eBay to support the normalization of CBD. It benifits everyone, has no negative side effects, and has huge potential for profit even when selling it at a fair price to consumers. 

I hope to see more expansion in the future, and I'd really like to see eBay step up their service a bit as well. Throughout this process I spoke with a LOT of people that had very similar issues, and it seems most of it could be easily fixed if customer service was just a bit more willing to help. 

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

Re: My 18 year old account with 100% positive feedback just got suspended indefinitely for selling C

Why would you even think of talking to an overseas CSR for something that important?

They can barley help with an INR when tracking shows delivered....what did you think was going to happen?

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

I called eBay prior to listing a CBD flower product used for people to make their own oil. I got the go ahead after providing farm license, product tests, and shipping procedure. About 10 or so days later they pulled the listing and said I would be banned if I listed again. I called them and was told a bunch of stupid stuff. The dumbest was that bad people might smoke it so they decided to pull listing. I responded, by that logic you need to de-list knives, cars, and bats because bad people could stab people, run over people, and hit others with a bat.

Then I was told all listings are being taken down. Well I "watched" about 10 of these exact same listings the day after and none have been taken down. Hundreds of products are being sold. If there is a case to be made that they are playing favorites or specifically allowing some sellers to "get away with it" thus cashing in - I bet a class action is developing. I spent quite a bit of money to list items after getting the go ahead and I am sure others have as well.

As for specific "punishment" a hand slap saying list again and I may get in more trouble nothing more.

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

@craichickory wrote:

I called eBay prior to listing a CBD flower product used for people to make their own oil. I got the go ahead after providing farm license, product tests, and shipping procedure. About 10 or so days later they pulled the listing and said I would be banned if I listed again. I called them and was told a bunch of stupid stuff. The dumbest was that bad people might smoke it so they decided to pull listing. I responded, by that logic you need to de-list knives, cars, and bats because bad people could stab people, run over people, and hit others with a bat.

Then I was told all listings are being taken down. Well I "watched" about 10 of these exact same listings the day after and none have been taken down. Hundreds of products are being sold. If there is a case to be made that they are playing favorites or specifically allowing some sellers to "get away with it" thus cashing in - I bet a class action is developing. I spent quite a bit of money to list items after getting the go ahead and I am sure others have as well.

As for specific "punishment" a hand slap saying list again and I may get in more trouble nothing more.

Hi, every person who lists an item for sale on eBay is subject to the terms of the User Agreement. Unless they opted out, users agree to forgo satisfaction thru Class Actions in favor of “binding arbitration”. See the heading “Legal Disputes” in the UA for more info.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

And yet ebay executives touted the spike in sales of CBD on ebay - go figure

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebay-exec-explains-millennials-buying-much-cbd-oil-202845969.html
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 50 of 54
latest reply

I agree. Having the same problem just that they warned me and I played around with the wording and removed all keywords they warned me about “cbd” in general then they hit me with 30 day suspension. I’m on thin ice. I don’t sell any kind of cbd that you can ingest. It is salve for topical external use only and they have shut me down stating I am in violation because it is a product that gets you high. Ugh. Such a sad month it’s been going from 4-600sales a month to 0 this month via eBay. I really hope they get there policies together and not penalize the actual sellers w/ power seller status & 100%positive feedback.
Message 51 of 54
latest reply

I agree. Having the same problem just that they warned me and I played around with the wording and removed all keywords they warned me about “cbd” in general then they hit me with 30 day suspension. I’m on thin ice. I don’t sell any kind of cbd that you can ingest. It is salve for topical external use only and they have shut me down stating I am in violation because it is a product that gets you high. Ugh. Such a sad month it’s been going from 4-600sales a month to 0 this month via eBay. I really hope they get there policies together and not penalize the actual sellers w/ power seller status & 100%positive feedback. Sensibeesolutions
Message 52 of 54
latest reply

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

@skater252000
May I know the route you took or whom contacted you? I really need some real help with my account and this same issue. I’ve only sold topical products salves and Balms and have been suspended. Any insight or help would be appreciated;) thank you for writing this wonderfully informative post.
Message 54 of 54
latest reply