cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morning Of A Thousand Irritating Notifications

How many of these am I going to get?!!  And WHY is eBay so obsessed with feedback lately???  

4F458389-3CE2-4B57-97D4-0A6C48E66929.png

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Very annoying.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@gurlcat 

Are you getting this on your phone?  Yikes!  That WOULD be annoying, not to mention overkill...jmo. 🙄

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@gurlcat 

Are you getting this on your phone?  Yikes!  That WOULD be annoying, not to mention overkill...jmo. 🙄

Never get any Ebay notification alerts on a cell phone.  This is a business.  Determine your own business hours and deal with messages from Ebay or buyers only on your time.  By the way, I just delete just about every message from Ebay without even opening it up.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have my selling feedback set to automatic. Never an issue.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@m60driver 

The only notifications I get is if I have a sale or if a potential customer has a question...needless to say, like a lot of us,  I'm not getting a lot of notifications lately...lol. 😆

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@m60driver 

The only notifications I get is if I have a sale or if a potential customer has a question...needless to say, like a lot of us,  I'm not getting a lot of notifications lately...lol. 😆

Happy Selling

Right, I have my account set up to only receive push notifications if I get a sale, return, or message from a buyer, NOT any of these goofy suggestion things from eBay.  This is brand new, and it looks like they were made to be phone notifications ONLY (as in, they are not also in my message inbox on the site).  
I clicked on a couple of them and they are for recent PURCHASES, not sales, so yall may not be getting them if you haven't bought anything recently.  

So what this suggests is, tons of our buyers may be receiving these right now, for all purchases they haven't left feedback for.  All at once.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Agree........annoying.......but, with the changes in feedback being made, I think they are just trying to up the number of feedbacks left so the "team" can claim success with the changes.........."see.......our changes led more people to leave feedback".........

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just checked, and I don't even know if this "Feedback reminder" thing is new or was already there when I set up my preferences, but looking at it right now, I already had it UN-checked, so there is no reason I should have gotten these blasted things. 
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 9.00.05 AM.png

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes but this is a buyer thing, how did it end up under the community's seller category?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@broto_64 wrote:

Yes but this is a buyer thing, how did it end up under the community's seller category?

Because the OP was possibly thinking it may be a seller issue or just another eBay glitch, or from their constant tinkering with the site. Had I also gotten them, I would have wondered about it as well.

It was only after a few responses that it has been suggested that it may only be for buyers and/or cell phone users.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yes exactly.  Since most of my notifications are about selling I thought this was too.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply