cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More VeRo program abuse forthcoming

Reading the new update for the upcoming eBay refurbished program (yet another way to stifle sales from the majority of small reseller businesses) & saw this under the FAQ section.

For any of you applying for this program I really hope you have success. Not sure what the executives at eBay actually do other than watch their stock price but they continue to make the selling experience less & less profitable & more difficult & charging us more fees for it. 

I often acquire manufacturer or Amazon certified refurbished items. Once this goes into effect i wont be able to list them in their true state "refurbished" without opening myself up to increased abuse by Vero partners & offering the most lenient return parameters. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 2.52.11 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: More VeRo program abuse forthcoming

without opening myself up to increased abuse by Vero partners

Can't they already report your listings now? What makes it "increased"?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just had an auction removed under the VeRo policy for an item that sold 2 weeks ago.

We've been having problem with our Spectrum cable and every time they sent us a new box or equipment they included another remote. We had 3 that were never opened. We asked if they wanted them sent back and they said "No, do whatever you want with them." So like hundreds of other eBay users we listed and sold them on this site. One sold a week ago and another sold 2 weeks ago. Both have already been paid for and delivered. Today we get and email from eBay that they have removed the auction from 2 weeks ago due to a VeRo compliant from Charter Communications the holder of the rights to the remote.

Just did a search for Spectrum remotes and found 213 live listings. Many with Charter Communications in the title. They want a closed auction removed but not the live ones? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

'Used' it is, and described as reconditioned in the description it will be, I guess. 

Ebay forces us to work this way. 

Anyway, does 'certified refurbished' even get any additional business or is this just more Ebay fibs?   Has anyone ever done a comparison test? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

We were selling on the eBay refurbished program for a while and had no noticeable increase in sales. We found that despite a multitude of listing rules, hardly any sellers in the program followed them. When we left the program our sales did not decrease at all. We are slowly moving our inventory away from eBay as the fees have gotten outrageous and ever since the 'dynamic' ad rate our listings are on page 8 unless we are willing to advertise at 12% cost of the final sale. Outrageous. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply