cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed up packages

Hi I’m a fairly new seller on eBay and on the 29th. I mailed out a pair of earrings that I sold to a gentleman in New York. Also mailed out the next day April bracelet on the 30th and the weight of that package was 2.30 ounces, and the weight of the earrings was .30 which makes sense because the bracelet was a double strand of 52 pearls and gold dividers and Box clasp so it was much heavier than the earrings but I received a message today from the lady that I sold the bracelet to when she said that she got the earrings instead but the gentleman that I sold the earrings to has never complained about getting the wrong package  And there’s no complaints on my account so I’m wondering what to do to take care of this situation can anybody give me an advice on what to do? I don’t think I mix the packages up but I guess I could have any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Mixed up packages

Weight of the package wouldn't matter because  you still could have put the wrong label on the wrong package.

My guess, the person with the 'wrong item' just hasn't opened it yet.

Go to your 'orders' and find the phone number to the 'other person' that has NOT complained and call them. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Mixed up packages

Have the buyer file an INAD, provide a shipping label, then refund once the item is returned.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Mixed up packages

Are we talking a lot of money or like $30.-$40 bucks?

Both buyers will not be happy and feedback can hurt you as a new seller.

Have to remember, buyers do not work for you to ship something out as "your" mistake.

I usually tell buyer the truth...refund them...ask them if I can send them something as a replacement on my site for free. I have never ask a buyer to return something...they don't work for me. It's a hassle for a buyer to suddenly become someone's who has to ship something...maybe for the first time. If buyer returns it that's nice.

I take my mistakes as a hit in profits and learn from experience.

And some buyers leave feedback more than a month later. I want to sleep and not wake up with a negative feedback month or two later.

Your just to new to get a negative feedback. Am I assuming? 

It is the Christmas season and a mistake given can be given to their friend or family.

I wouldn't let this go on for too long.

I have refunded my buyer's mistakes...asking no returns...and sending them something for free...surprisingly none of these buyers ever said thank you (me) or leave me feedback.

I am going by my personal experience...sorry but my feedback is like "gold" to me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Mixed up packages

Don't overlook the possibility that the claim is fake. I once heard from a buyer who accused me of switching items, and they filed a SNAD claim.  But then the other buyer left nice, specific feedback about receiving it, so I actually won the case!

So I recommend that you send this lady and apology about the (alleged) mixup, and reassure her that you will be glad to refund her money after she returns the item.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Mixed up packages

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Are we talking a lot of money or like $30.-$40 bucks?

Both buyers will not be happy and feedback can hurt you as a new seller...

Looks like $30 earrings and $65 bracelet.  The buyer of the earrings has not complained and hasn't even responded to an inquiry about the mixup. If indeed there was a mixup, it looks like he wants to keep the bracelet and the seller has to deal with issuing a refund to the actual buyer of the bracelet.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply