cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mc011

I'm a new seller & buyer looking for some advice. I received a Mc011 yesterday morning asking for my tracking numbers. I package and ship my packages myself and keep most of my shipping receipts so that's not a problem. I'm selling 1980 out of production Estes rocket kits, casing, and other kits. these items been sitting in my father's basement for over 40 years. I have a large amount of money on hold, and I have 32 items waiting to be shipped. is my account banned or just temporary banned? If I ship these items, will I still get paid? or is they going to hold my money? Customer services not a lot of help on the topic. Am I overthinking the situation? 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mc011

I have never gasped before just checking out feedback but I did in your case. Wow. Not good. You should have come here to get advice on how to ship before shipping. There is an art to shipping. Especially fragile items.

You are done. eBay will never let you sell here again. I would not ship anything anymore because eBay is not going to give you any of that money any time soon. You will have to get it in a few years from your state's unclaimed fund. Don't ship. eBay will simply refund the buyers.  That way is best because you can sell the unshipped items elsewhere and at least get paid. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Mc011

Also, my feedback is not the best! I did not know how to properly ship a package or get the correct dimension. I have made a lot of mistakes but with the help of my post office I got it right. The eBay journey has been cool experience, and I would like to continue it.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

It might be too late. You have caused a bad buyer experience and might not get approved to come back.

Follow all the requested information and make sure you do everything that they ask and you might be able to come back.

But anyone reviewing your feedback, is probably going to say you are a risk to the eBay community.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

Any paid items eBay told you to ship, yes ship right away.  Also get that info they requested to them as quick as you can.   You have "one foot in the grave" already. Does not look to good sorry to say.   Your feedback is far worse  than  not the best. Selling too may high priced items in a short time span can trigger that  from eBay.    eBay did say to ship those items and provided the ship too addresses? If so, yes ship.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

Reading the replies you have left to all negative feedback, I would assume eBay has lost any faith in you being a successful  seller on this platform, your replies are childish and unprofessional.

You have been on eBay for a month and with a FB of 81.8% I would say you are done here.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

@thecoincollection1620 wrote:

I package and ship my packages myself and keep most of my shipping receipts so that's not a problem.

@thecoincollection1620 

That sounds like you aren't shipping with tracking and you're erroneously believing that receipts from the post office are adequate for proving shipping and delivery. 

You couldn't be more wrong! Your lack of tracking numbers might spell the end of your ebay selling career. 

You aren't just responsible for shipping items to buyers. You're responsible for knowing that the items arrive to them and without tracking, you can't prove that. 

is my account banned or just temporary banned? If I ship these items, will I still get paid? 

If buyers have paid, you need to ship. Eventually you will get the money but you have to be able to prove buyers received their purchases and you also need to make those items are safely delivered. 

Without properly packaging them, YOU are on the hook and as you've seen, your feedback suffered. 

Additionally, you need to cool off before responding to feedback. Your replies to the negs are way worse than the negs! You can't blame buyers for your mistakes. 

ETA: Based on what I've seen in the history, I'm guessing that the ban will be permanent.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

I think the OP is done-zo.   As a buyer, if I saw that feedback percentage and those follow-ups I'd be hitting the Back button immediately if not sooner.    

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

As others mentioned you have multiple issues here. Not a lot of details on how you are "packing and shipping packages yourself". It appears you are using USPS for most of your shipments but if you are not buying your labels through eBay are you uploading the tracking numbers into the orders? While feedback is not considered in suspending a seller it is a good indication that a seller may have some issues. Take a look at your seller level metrics in your seller hub. If you have high percentages of defects, late shipments or cases closed without seller resolution those will lead to temporary or permanent suspension. Your funds being on hold may have something to do with your seller rating at the moment. 

As to the 32 items you have waiting to ship you are between a rock and a hard place. If you don't have a valid reason to cancel those orders you should ship rather than making you ratings worse and contributing to the problem. However, it is likely that eBay will also put the funds on hold to reduce their risk associated with any potential buyer INR or NAD claims. Whatever you do respond to eBay with the information they requested. You may also want to read the following help file. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...  

dbfolks166mt_0-1695009706066.png

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

Dude!  Half of your positives are negatives because of damage during shipping.
If you don't know how to pack your items safely, you don't belong here.
eBay isn't a "training ground" for new sellers. You speak of a "learning curve" in how to pack and then leave a trail of disappointed buyers behind you, which isn't good for any of us.
Some of those "buyers" aren't coming back.
eBay has a short video on how to package properly, along with another dozen shorts on YouTube showing different methods.
You couldn't watch one?
I apologize for my lack of sympathy. 
Good luck.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

If I ship these items, will I still get paid? or is they going to hold my money

Yes, you will get the $, eventually, assuming buyers don't file damage or other cases.........

Yes, they will hold the money until they are sure buyers don't file more cases on you.......probably longer than normal.

Chances of you being able to continue to sell here are probably slim and none........ If you want to try for it....... if you haven't already had to refund those 10 complaints........I'd refund them with massive apologies and add that verbiage to your listings (if you are ever allowed to list again)........

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

You are selling 40 year old rocketry items (without sharing that info with buyers, i might add)! This hobby requires more than just a good deal of knowledge about rocketry to participate in it. And to sell it!!

First, you haven't set up any safeguards—by federal law buyers must prove they are at least 18 years old to purchase these goods, and some industry certification is also required for buying and proper handling of the high powered rockets you have sold. You have zero info in your listings discussing these important matters. But that pales in comparison to the next issue.

Second, the greatest concern is that you are apparently shipping HAZMAT items without the proper packaging and carrier. Depending on the rocket motor’s classification, some goods must be sent via ground services only. The USPS has mega hoops to jump thru when shipping model rocket components and you are apparently not in compliance with this either, if your feedback is to be believed. See link below for the USPS requirements.

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_002.htm

With all these grave mistakes, i am afraid you are done on eBay.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

Also, my feedback is not the best! I did not know how to properly ship a package or get the correct dimension. I have made a lot of mistakes but with the help of my post office I got it right. The eBay journey has been cool experience, and I would like to continue it.

Shipping is not difficult. Why would you need the help of your post office?

Your feedback is probably the worst I've seen. I've been on eBay since 1999 and I work very hard for every positive feedback I've received. I do my best to head off customer complaints before they grow into a problem that customers feel compelled to share with the world on my feedback page.

Your items are priced high enough that you could have underestimated shipping and still done quite well. eBay provides you with access to nearly every known collector market in the world. There are few other platforms where you can access small niche collector markets.

eBay, in some cases, will review your private messages. If you've engaged in belittling or name calling in your customer service, you are probably permabanned.

Make good on your outstanding transactions and take your lumps.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

I have never gasped before just checking out feedback but I did in your case. Wow. Not good. You should have come here to get advice on how to ship before shipping. There is an art to shipping. Especially fragile items.

You are done. eBay will never let you sell here again. I would not ship anything anymore because eBay is not going to give you any of that money any time soon. You will have to get it in a few years from your state's unclaimed fund. Don't ship. eBay will simply refund the buyers.  That way is best because you can sell the unshipped items elsewhere and at least get paid. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

If eBay decides they doesn’t want me selling on there platform because I won’t allow people to manipulate me into giving them free stuff than so be it. I do feel like it would be dumb to ship 4,000 worth of items if my account is suspended. I have no problem with refunding everyone.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Mc011

I do provide tracking I believe you misunderstood me.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply