cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

Hi. I have a few questions about managed payments. Does the bank account linked have to be a checking account, not a savings account, and can it be a joint account? Also, if sellers don't get paid for a couple of days, when do items need to be sent out? Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Managed Payments

Do you use the PO Box for the bank account as well?

The street address you use is not used for any purpose other than the MP registration/verification process, it's not a Ship To address, not a Ship From address, not a Returns To address. It's not shown to anyone and not used for anything other than MP registration.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Yes, it has to be a checking account. Yes, it can be a joint account, as long as one of the names listed on the account appear as you have your eBay account set up. Ship within your stated Handling Time and you're good with eBay.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for your quick response.  If my handling time is usually 2 days, will I have to ship before I get the $ from Ebay?  I have heard that can take several days with managed payments.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@845hba1234 wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.  If my handling time is usually 2 days, will I have to ship before I get the $ from Ebay?  I have heard that can take several days with managed payments.

@845hba1234 

I've been in MP since August, 2019. In my experience, my buyer's payment is my bank deposit in 4 business days.

You can take the shipping cost from the 'Pending Payout'... simply shimmy to the bottom of the label page and change your preference from 'PayPal' to 'Pending'. 

For what it's worth, I've never experienced a payment not  going all the way to 'Completed' once it starts 'Processing'.

So... yes, you'll probably be shipping before you actually receive the payment. But it'll come.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for all the info.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I have another question.  I am trying to verify my existing details and I am unable to.  It will not accept my PO Box as address, although this has always been my address since I first started Ebay.  Any one else?

TIA

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@845hba1234 wrote:

I have another question.  I am trying to verify my existing details and I am unable to.  It will not accept my PO Box as address, although this has always been my address since I first started Ebay.  Any one else?

TIA

We've been told we cannot use a PO Box as address. I have the same problem and not sure what all it will mess up if I change to physical address once I start the Managed Payment registration system.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thanks.  Not sure what I will do.  I always use my po box.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Do you use the PO Box for the bank account as well?

The street address you use is not used for any purpose other than the MP registration/verification process, it's not a Ship To address, not a Ship From address, not a Returns To address. It's not shown to anyone and not used for anything other than MP registration.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

How do they know whether it's a checking or savings account?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I use it for everything.  But now I feel better that it is just for MP.  Thanks for your help!!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Routing numbers and account  formats.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

So I signed up today and it went through easily.  One more question.  My monthly seller fees have always been taken out of my Paypal automatically.  What happens now...will it automatically come out of my bank account instead?  Thanks for all of your help!!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@845hba1234 

On MP, they collect their fee's before sending the funds to your checking account, so you shouldn't have any monthly fee's

If you have fee's due and there's not enough in your MP account to cover it, it'll come from your checking account.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply