cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments - Terrible!!

"Awaiting shipment means the buyer’s payment is confirmed and it’s time to ship the order".

Right...eBay wants me to ship the order, but it takes about 5 business days before the funds are in my account.  Pay Pal made the funds available immediately. On top of that eBay charges a fee on the shipping charges.

I don't want to even start my rant about the terrible New Seller Hub.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Managed Payments - Terrible!!

Just wait until ebay forces you to accept a return and ALL of your funds are held until you return the buyer all of their money plus shipping both ways.  

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@44195244 

Ya, that's the way it is.

The fee on the shipping is not new, but the fee on the sales tax is.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

(There should be a MP Seller post template as the first 2-3 sentences are all almost the same.)

There is usually only a 2-3 day lag time for the funds to come to you via ACH payout if you choose Daily payouts vs weekly payouts.  We receive a payout M-F (no weekends, just like the Bank)

On e-bay, you paid 10.2% fvf (item + shipping) + Paypal 2.9% (total transaction item + shipping + tax) + .30 Transaction Fee

In MP, you pay 12.55% fvf on total transaction (item+shipping+ fvf) +.30 Transaction fee

Your fvf might be lower (or higher) depending on the category, having a store, TRS+, etc

It is all very similar.  Tax varies per State, etc  Depending on the State it sold to, it is a few pennies higher or lower for us, on average.  

Welcome to MP.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I was shocked months ago when I realized Ebay is charging me a fee on sales tax they collect.  I know there is something not right about making money off a tax that we don't even collect.  

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Normal payment processing.   The fee I am charged, as a merchant, is always based on the TOTAL sale run on the customer's credit card, including sales tax collected and remitted to the state.  Been this way since started taking credit cards in 1983.  Cost of doing business.  More than made up for by the ease and safety of the transaction, compared to handling cash, checks, money orders, etc.

=

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

You're going to get a ton of defects...

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I prefer the weekly payouts because I like having money in ebay to use for my shipping labels. With daily payments sometimes the money is transferred before I can get the item shipped out. Such a pain to have to use my regular checking account to pay for shipping labels. 

As for the fees on tax collected, I agree it feels like we are being taken advantage of. I live in a state that does not have a sales tax and here I am paying fees on other states taxes. So lame.  But then again, I don't have to keep track/collect/remit sales tax (as sellers are responsible to do). That would also be a pain. So for that, the fee pays for itself. Still annoying though because my state does not have sales tax, and they are buying from me here in Oregon.  

Ebay has always charged fees on shipping. Also lame. 

As far as Seller Hub goes, I like it. But I started using it from the first day I started selling. It was about a 1.5 years later that I stumbled across classic view. I did not like it (at all) and switched it back. I feel like I can find everything I need in seller hub. I think it is more a matter of people being used to one format and having to adapt to a new one.  I did not like classic view probably for the same reason that many hate seller hub. It is what you started on and are used to. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@pandgcollectibles2012 wrote:

I was shocked months ago when I realized Ebay is charging me a fee on sales tax they collect.  I know there is something not right about making money off a tax that we don't even collect.  

Would you want to handle the sales tax for all the States for free?

Have a great day
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

ecommerce 2021, welcome aboard 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

MP is nothing new; been announced here since 2019. 

Fees on Shipping, Item & Taxes also nothing new. B&M Stores have been paying CC Processors on the Total Sale since the advent of the Credit Card in the 50's.

Most selling websites are going in this direction, so it's 'jump aboard' or plan on loading and visiting local Swap Meets. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

So far it has been a total fail for me. Long story short .... My first payout was shown as sent to my checking account on May 4th and still has not landed in the bank. I have talked with the MP team almost every day since May 10th and their only advice is to renter the banking info (which I have done at least 4 times now both thru online banking and manually) and wait a few more days. No one can seem to figure out why it is not working and do not really seem to care that I had to put my listings on "time away" until it gets figured out. Its very frustrating!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@al_minirides  it might be a problem with your bank,  I tried a credit union and my deposit never hit, went and got a First Interstate account and had no problem.

Also make sure it's a checking account.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@al_minirides wrote:

So far it has been a total fail for me. Long story short .... My first payout was shown as sent to my checking account on May 4th and still has not landed in the bank. I have talked with the MP team almost every day since May 10th and their only advice is to renter the banking info (which I have done at least 4 times now both thru online banking and manually) and wait a few more days. No one can seem to figure out why it is not working and do not really seem to care that I had to put my listings on "time away" until it gets figured out. Its very frustrating!

Ask your bank if there's a different routing number you need to use for this type of deposits.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Long story short.  I was activated into MP three months ago and have received a dozen perfectly good payouts on Tuesday morning with one exception when one arrived on a Wednesday.  I buy my labels through PayPal.  

Message 15 of 25
latest reply