cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASSIVE Ebay fees error - beware!

So I checked fees and it showed over $500 owing. This is two days after manually paying fees down to $0.00. So I thought, "Great, I sold something worth $5000.00." Guess what? No sale anywhere near that amount. Now to call these people to ask what is going on.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: MASSIVE Ebay fees error - beware!

What does the breakdown show the charges are for? A quick look shows several thousand - but not 5K - in sales last month...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

wrote:

What does the breakdown show the charges are for? A quick look shows several thousand - but not 5K - in sales last month...

The OP is not making this up, I owe $500 too. It's showing $237 for just yesterday as unbilled fees, along with the Jan 31 invoice amount (what I owe that I didn't pay down yet).

I called right when they open, was told when the invoice was generated this would sort out. At 11am I received a phone call from eBay in Utah referring to the call I made and explained it is a glitch. She said wait two days and then check for an updated balance.

C.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

This is a known issue that our technical team is working to fix as a priority. 

Note: This issue is purely cosmetic, and you will not get charged or invoiced more than you should. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Watch out for store fees.  eBay has this weird habit of billing you twice on the same day-once for last month and once for this month.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Really looking forward to the day that ebay starts collecting and managing our payments from buyers.....

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I had the same problem, i know how much i owe but yesterday double the amount i was going crazy lol but its fixed now for me, good thing even i didn't have to call
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

While you are at it fix the form logic that doesnt lock the underlying fields when you check the GSP option. I checked it and filled in the details down below not knowing it overrides the GSP selection without any warning. A buyer in Mexico purchases almost 50.00 of items then claims they are lost and is given a refund. As a former app designer this is a ridiculous mistake that probably has cost alot of sellers money!

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Hi again, 

This issue is now resolved.

Happy Friday! grin

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

So my 1st account showed $500+ owing. Wrong. Later in the day it changed to $71.00, correct. 2nd account showed $960 owing! NOTHING was owing. Then, 2 hours later, it changed to a POSITIVE balance of $61! If I had been one of the sheep, opting for automatic monthly fees payments, I could have been looking at a -$1400+ withdrawl from my bank account if they hadn't caught the ridiculous errors.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

And Ebay wants more of a "hand" in the payments process?! Retain paypal before it's too late!!
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I've been here 14 years, the invoices are always screwed up just before they send them out.........

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Watch out for store fees.  eBay has this weird habit of billing you twice on the same day-once for last month and once for this month. divwido - unquote -------------------------

I've been meaning to call e bay again  about my sellers fee's that I'm billed for  each month . About 6 months ago I decided to go ahead and get a store .  It seemed from the information they gave my fee's would be going down  from there on . However after the first bill nothing had changed , the fee's  were about the same as they were without a store . So I called and I was told those fee's were from the previous month , and the next billing cycle I'd see a reduction in fee's ,, but nope . Not a thing has changed . I was supposed to be charged 22 a month for the store and a smaller % in e bays cut for each sale . After I call  today and if they tell me everything is correct ,, then I may as well go back to how it was . There's no difference or benefit of  having a store  that I can see . Tulips 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

You only see the 1% (or so) drop on FVF fees for stores once items have been relisted.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Hello, mr. Alan,

we have also issue with our business account ebay fees.. This problem it's already 3 months

The first one issue that we see error in you account settings , please check attached photo.

There's also big issues with our fees invoice.. Since we are unable to check our invoices in our seller settings, we usually receive it in ebay message.. 

This month we received invoice with ebay fees just 47.03$ , our sales are almost 40000k, so our ebay fees should be around 4000$ . 

Last month it's also same issue, we received invoice for december about 900$ , instead ~4000$ . And it's not cosmetic problem, ebay charge exactly same amount from our paypal as invoiced.. 

I've contacted ebay several times and anyone can't help to resolve this issue. Could you please advise what's going here? 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply