cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no sales

Hello - the discussion I started seemed to have disappered.

Is anyone else experiencing drastic drop in sales or no sales at all for days.  We have no sales at all for almost two weeks now during the day from 7 am to mid night.  there are couple of exceptions.  any sale that happened only after mid night and maybe early before 7 am. 

Is anyone aware of anything that is causing this drop in sales.  I appreciate your input.  

Why did my last discussion I started on this disappear?  Am I not supposed to talk about that here?

thanks.

Message 1 of 279
latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Re: Low or no sales

I was doing searches of my items yesterday and coming up with nothing .  I am and always have been a top rated seller.  

Message 151 of 279
latest reply

I'm looking forward to 4th quarter sales...

Message 152 of 279
latest reply

We need the same service from Ebay as our customers receive from us at Ebay.
Message 153 of 279
latest reply

My sales has dropped drastically. I don't know what is going on, I even called and ebay act like they didn't care. They changed everything and now, NO SALES, how do they expect people to stay here and sell if the changes have caused this problem.

Message 154 of 279
latest reply

I'm with you!  Between ebay's fees and paypal's fees - it's hardly worth the time anymore!  Ebay used to offer you free listings every once in a while - I haven't even had any of those for months!  😞

Message 155 of 279
latest reply

@ams072510 wrote:

I'm with you!  Between ebay's fees and paypal's fees - it's hardly worth the time anymore!  Ebay used to offer you free listings every once in a while - I haven't even had any of those for months!  😞

You get 50 free every month.

Message 156 of 279
latest reply

My sales were pretty normal until October rolled around,  but I can't blame the effects of four hurricanes,  the Las Vegas shootings, and the California fires on ebay, especially considering that I haven't been adding much in the way of new listings - just relying on re-lists for the past few weeks as we recover from Irma. 

Message 157 of 279
latest reply

Hey everyone,

I have been reading everyones posts about this. I too have made posts. I believe there is something going on, however I don't know if eBay is to blame, because people who sell on other platforms are also experiencing slow sales. 

So what IS going on? Are we witnessing a financial strain on ecommerce? a shift in market timing? a Major global conflict? or just people not sitting and shopping on eBay because its still so nice out all the time (not being funny about hurricane victims, its just HOT in CT still) 

Something is going on everyone. Maybe ebay is strangling out weaker sellers. Maybe we need to remain strong and survive this, and things will be better for us all without the weaker sellers who couldnt survive. Trust me, Im struggling. I work 70 hours a week, and I am contimplating bankruptcy. I borrow money from my mom! Meanwhile I have one of the biggest used clothing stores I can find...

Just food for thought. Stay strong ebay sellers.

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 158 of 279
latest reply

@stitchesandseamsct wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have been reading everyones posts about this. I too have made posts. I believe there is something going on, however I don't know if eBay is to blame, because people who sell on other platforms are also experiencing slow sales. 

So what IS going on? Are we witnessing a financial strain on ecommerce? a shift in market timing? a Major global conflict? or just people not sitting and shopping on eBay because its still so nice out all the time (not being funny about hurricane victims, its just HOT in CT still) 

Something is going on everyone. Maybe ebay is strangling out weaker sellers. Maybe we need to remain strong and survive this, and things will be better for us all without the weaker sellers who couldnt survive. Trust me, Im struggling. I work 70 hours a week, and I am contimplating bankruptcy. I borrow money from my mom! Meanwhile I have one of the biggest used clothing stores I can find...

Just food for thought. Stay strong ebay sellers.

eBay isn’t “strangling out weak sellers”; competition is doing that, especially in categories such as used clothing.

Message 159 of 279
latest reply

I agree... China is killing us & ebay changes the rules WAY TOO OFTEN! My sales have been nill for months! Sad & really thinking of closing my eBay store. The "NEW SELLER HUB" says i have $5500 + on sale & sales have been under $200 in what... 60 days? Thats bad. Summers are slow, I know... but we shouldnt have to wait until the christmas sales start to make $$. Ive wondered if its a combination ov Amazon & China plus all these new apps that people list their clothing items on to blame. Either way, we are here to make $$ & if that doesnt happen eBay... we cant stay.
Message 160 of 279
latest reply

This past month something happened with Promotion Listings! They say it is fixed but it isnt! Like you, no sales and very few views! I tweet and if I didnt I would have nothing seen! I see the big sellers get their adverts out but not the small seller anymore! pretty sad when its a full time deal for some of us! As far as Auctions, I gave up after not selling one item out of 150! so sad....
Message 161 of 279
latest reply

Seems we are being weaned out!!
Its almost like a big lay off, but we keep going to work and not getting paid!!!!!!
Message 162 of 279
latest reply

I tweet too. I'm @mook1971 

Message 163 of 279
latest reply

I hate to have to agree with you re: being weaned out. Sad after almost 20 years of selling and 25 years of buying I would have to say I’m almost about to give up the ship. It seems very strange to me that I get very few views and 0 watchers, because I know for myself I watch a lot of items, do a lot of research re competitive pricing, and know a lot about the items I sell. Nothing helps - buy it now, auction, switch up my pictures, long listing time, short listing time, etc. Recently I saw an item on auction go for $200 starting at a low bid - item was worth $20.00. I figured I would try it on some of my items, start with a low bid and maybe they would get bid up. Well, that is exactly what they sold for, one bid on each, very low, broke my heart. Yesterday I got a message on one of my items (was so excited) offering me 21.99 for an item I had listed for $75.00. I answered politely that I was not accepting offers on the item but thanked her very much for her offer anyway. So a lot has to do with the buyers now, they know they are in the drivers seats. I know my items aren’t always being seen, because I can’t see them myself - sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some of my items have ended and I’m of a mind now to forget about relisting them.

Message 164 of 279
latest reply

@frroggleggz wrote:

Im not even kidding we have no food 😞

WOW! its not Funny I've been there Before myself so I can relate, Hope your sales pick up 🙂 getting back to the topic at hand.. yeah its slowed down for me as well 0 Sales this week, Lots of Watchers but No buyers. confounded

sometimes NO Feedback is Better when Dealing with kooks.
Message 165 of 279
latest reply