cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Ball Offers Even With Parameters Set

I am curious and frustrated here - I have my listings set with Make Offers - with a percentage lower - and a low price of $10.  I consistently get offers for $3, $4, $5 - OMG.  I have even tried marking them with No Offers Allowed and then remarking them as described above.  Nope, still get the crazy, Give-It-To-Me for free crap.  Am I missing something? Would love to get this remedied.  I love all the offers that are coming in that are worth the effort, but why do I still keep getting the ones below $10? Please help - thanks.🤔

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Low Ball Offers Even With Parameters Set

Did you fill out "minimum offer" which is the auto-reject threshold?

offer.png

If offers are coming through messages, not the offer system, you can ignore them but you can't stop them without disabling messages from buyers entirely.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

If you are sending offers to watchers, those setting won't apply. Once you send an offer and allow counteroffers, buyers can send an offer in any amount they want. Even if you have a minimum price. 

I know it's not supposed to work that way, but I have noticed lately, that's how it works. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I always use the Bulk Edit tool...? I do put the Minimum Offer at $10 but in a bulk setting versus on each listing...which should be the same?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I have marked all of my listings (Bulk Edit) with the parameters of a percentage off (20 %) but not lower than $10 - so allll of my listings have this feature.  So I'm not reaching out to the buyers, sending offers to buyers - it is attached to all of my listings and that is what they are seeing when they happen upon something they are interested in.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Could be a problem with the bulk edit tools. When someone sends you a lowball offer, are you "editing" the listing so you can look at what the settings are?

If say your minimum is say $10 but the buyer is offering $5, then it's likely a glitch of some sorts. Doubtful it would get fixed. Glitches don't seem to get fixed. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

That's a good idea - I haven't been looking at specific listings that get the low ball offers - I will try that. But in the meanwhile, sheesh, I have about 10k listings...ain't got time for dat! Just joking 🙂 thanks for the suggestion....I'll give it a whirl 🙂 💃

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I had an offer of $8 on a $12 cast iron car part with free shipping.  The shipping alone is $8.30 because it has to go Priority Mail. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Well, I gave it a whirl - went to the listing that had the low offer and I couldn't edit it because it had an outstanding offer on it - holy moley - don't think I'm going to win here. I guess I'll just go with the glitch theory and keep doing what I'm doing and ignore the dollars and (non) cents that dribble through.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I didn't mean to actually edit it. When you "edit" the particular listing, you can scroll it and see what your minimum price is set at. No, you can't edit a listing with pending offers, but you can see what everything is set at, like your minimum price, shipping policy, etc. 

"Editing" will at least clue you in if it's your listing that is off, or there is a glitch in the system. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I'll get people who message me on auctions that they'd BIN if I just had a BIN price. Usually it's a low ball BIN as well.

I have urges to respond with comments like "Do you just want me to give it to you for free?" or worse.... on my listings with offers.

On occasion I've responded with my lowest price I'd take to move it today, and they come back with another offer moving their original offer by a couple dollars. Still way off the mark of the "going" price for an item.

At that point I'll go edit my offer settings for the unit to auto-decline these low ball bids. Then add that person to my blocked bidder list which I think is really a feature to just help me feel better in the moment. Since the chance of actually doing business with a lowballer is slim to none....

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I saw the Edit next to the listing - I was able to Edit the minimum price to $10 - but I didn't see anything set up, like the 20% off or $10 minimum. Am I looking at the right thing? Should it have actually stated 20% off or $10 minimum on the listing? I didn't see that anywhere...sorry, maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing....

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I know what you mean, these people make me CRAZY...I always want to say, hey, ya want it for free with free shipping and a $20 bill enclosed? But I figure, naaahhh...better not 🙂 It just seems like I already have these parameters set on ALL of my listings....20% off but no lower than $10...and I still get these crazy LOW offers. No, $2 is not acceptable for a $20 item (NOT priced out of reason).  I'll keep poking around, I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere...thanks 🙂

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@toydaze49   if these messages bother you, just ignore and don't answer.

i don't have nearly as many listings as u, but if i get a ridiculous low ball offer (BTW- none of my listings have 'best offer') my answer is:

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

This is precisely why I quit using OBO a LONG time ago. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply