cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love when an item that has sat unsold finally sells!

Have had two in two days! Yesterday a vintage Valentine that has been listed at least three years, possibly twice that long, sold on my other account where "listings go to die". Today I sold a dress that was the last remaining item from a closet purge about two years ago. NWT, great dress, one of those purchases that was, ahem, a bit snug when I bought it 19 years ago, and no way came close to fitting by now. For many years I had the forlorn hope I'd be able to get into it, but finally gave that dream up. (Dress is a longish embroidered Bohemian style not much affected by current trends).

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Love when an item that has sat unsold finally sells!

@rosemarried1982 wrote:

Then there's that moment of panic where you wonder if you still actually have the item....relieved when you find it!

Haha, that's why I keep everything in storage boxes with a list of what's inside taped to the front.  When something sells, I just cross it off.  I did have a bit of a panic a little while ago, though, when I realized I hadn't seen one of my listed items lately and went to look in its storage box... and it apparently wasn't there.  Turned out it had just slipped off the boxed item it had been sitting on top of and slid down in between two other things.  That freaked me out for a while!

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

The best feeling comes when items sell within a short time, you realize a profit, and put much of that profit into more merchandise, that will generate  more profit .

A better feeling for me is taking my unsold items to the swap meet and sell them for cash with no fees no returns.   I often list auction style during the week and items that do not sell I take to the swap meet.   I cannot imagine leaving items on here for years at a time. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hope it does not get returned.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply