cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the Display/Store Ads Beta is rolling out

To see if you have this, check your Seller Hub>Store Tab>

IF you have this, you will see---

in the left column, under "Promote Stores" --- "Set up Store Ads" (NEW).

Click that, and you'll see this:

mycottagebooksandantiques_0-1693451780815.png

And you can go from there to set up your campaign, should you actually want to.

A couple things to note:

1. In typical ebay fashion, this is referred to as "Store Ads" in the Stores section, but here it is referred to as "Promoted Display" or "Display Ads."  Consistency has never been an ebay strongpoint.

2. The ad is not for a particular item, it is per category. At present, it looks like you must use ebay's category structure, NOT your store's category structure. I doubt that that will change.

3. Ads will apparently appear on competing listing pages chosen by ebay presumably because the item on the page is related in some way to your chosen category. (I think you can narrow the focus to ebay sub categories)

Location of ad: As shown here, which we had determined previously:

mycottagebooksandantiques_1-1693452402486.png

What does the ad look like? Well, ebay chooses images from your listings and chooses "text" it considers relevant. At present, it does not appear that you have any choice when it comes to which images are chosen or which text ebay proceeds to use. Here are three different ads ebay could run, for example:

mycottagebooksandantiques_2-1693452662133.png

Easy set-up: This is Pay Per Click, like Promoted Listings Advanced, and so you set your bid amount for each click, set your daily limit total, set your start and end dates, and give the ad campaign a name...and then, I gather, you have entered the fast-paced ,exciting, and no doubt profitable (at least for ebay) world of Store Ads! Or Display Ads! Or whatever ebay finally decides to call them!

Anyone else seeing this? 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Looks like the Display/Store Ads Beta is rolling out

Thank you Liz for showing me how they look and where they are.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

You have to be able to afford this stuff to use it with a product that you know it going to sell through quite nicely and a whole lot of product to sell. For smaller sellers it may not be affordable at all.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

More noise to ignore

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Another example of Ebay not doing anything to attract and hold buyers to increase profits, but finding more ways to make money off sellers by encouraging them to pay money for a bigger presence over other sellers (ie the gladiators pay the coliseum to fight now).

The only schemes ebay has to increase profits is "how can we milk more out of sellers, and hopefully do so pitting them against each other to force/pressure them to use it?"

Its actually extremely sick its their sole business model now.  They reject any kind of campaign to bring in more buyers.  "I Found it on Ebay" would still resonate and work, there are so many different items to use in the ads they could create.  Anything would be helpful.

Nope.  Ebay only just comes up with more pay to play schemes that pit sellers against sellers.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

It’s a vicious tool that sellers can use against each other. 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

You attract buyers it would seem buy offering the items they want at a good price. That there are maybe a trillion sellers on here selling the same things is not an advantage for each individual seller. It is an advantage if you can pay the price for ads and your product sells through for some. For many no. ALSO, would like to see ebay doing more to attract more customers here because none of this in the long run is going to consistently work if it continually drives up prices for product. But, that again may work if sellers  can obtain inventory smartly and cheap.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

I can't afford 5 dollars a day under new program  any if it brings in traffic doesn't guarantee  any sales  150 dollars month for pay clicks  doesn't make any sense  what happen  with eBay they used to bring in the traffic  we the sellers  brought in revenue  ebay made money off our fees  both the seller and ebay  were profitable  now it's a struggle to make any money sells not coming in

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Yeah! More types of Ads! Yes! I have this new type available to me!

I currently see irrelevant Promoted Ads appearing in my searches, Ads on my listing page in between the listing picture and the listing description, now where are these Ads going?

Life was a lot easier and more profitable relying on my organic search results (and eBay was a better place). No going back now....

So eBay says if I do 100% Promoted Ads, $100 daily PPC ads and a $100 daily budget for this new type of Ads I can increase my sales? Great!

I see how eBay can make an embarrassingly HUGE profit. How do sellers make a profit when they pay out more than they take in? Yes, eBay - don't stop. We need more types of Ads. We need Super Ads where sellers set budget for the #1, #2, and #3 search result spot and allows eBay just choose the highest budget. I'll pay $100 for the #1 search spot.

eBay sellers, we don't want to make money - we just want the #1 search spot. eBay, give us more ways to do it - we are waiting! 🙄

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Never going to happen. I refuse to play the game of having my sales held hostage unless I shovel money into eBay's pockets. I will shut my whole account down forever before I pay per click. My sales have been absolutely wrecked this last year and change, and have been down ever since promoted listings became a thing.

Just let us sell our stuff and pay the seller fees without kneecapping us unless we pay a ransom. Is it a wonder there are fewer buyers when the search results are this manipulated? Just let the best listings for the best price win and stop trying to make us all promote just to even be seen. It's worse for us and it's even worse for buyers who get frustrated with these stupid games.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply