cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing removed for "velcro"

So I know certain words aren't allowed, but didn't catch myself describing something as having velcro on it and got a take down notice for two items. Interesting that they'd been listed twice before and no warning flag went off.  Also, Lord help you if you try to use the word Indian in a listing, wonder why velcro doesn't pop up with a message saying "do you really mean velcro or hook & loop".  Apparently the take down notice is faster than the actual take down, because I was able to find and edit my items before they were removed, but I expect they still will be zapped.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Listing removed for "velcro"

At least two previous threads in the last few weeks.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

At least two previous threads in the last few weeks.

For velcro, or for take down lagging behind notice that they are removing a listing?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Makes you wonder what ZZ Top went through....

https://youtu.be/F89McWFENTs

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Just for seasonal fun I typed in "velcro costume" and over 1000 costumes come up with velcro.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Probably not a whole lot.  That was before the DMCA Corporate Profit Protection Act and patent;/trademark trolls.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Here's an answer from VeLcRo....

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/5331739/ 🙂

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

click on it anyway.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

rock_your_closet
Adventurer

Happened to me too for shoes and a hat that have Velcro fasteners. I'm so pe'od.

Look Velcro I'm using your name

Velcro

Velcro

Velcro

ewwwooo I'm such a dangerous criminal.  I used an English word. Go troll a pedophile you worthless **bleep** retentive freaks. Your design copied God's design for seeds anyway. Maybe he should strike y'all dead with lightening for copying him!!!

There....I feel better.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I'm going to list my Ivory Indian Head Velcro Nazi Onesie and see how long it stays up...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I'm going to list my Ivory Indian Head Velcro Nazi Onesie and see how long it stays up...

If you move to china, you can list it.

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Better yet... list it but make the auction for an emailed picture of it... priority mail..

email only... good luck

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I was honored with a trademark violation for a roll of velcro I listed that did not have a brand name.  Must be someone's job to search for those...

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@rock_your_closet wrote:

Happened to me too for shoes and a hat that have Velcro fasteners. I'm so pe'od.

Look Velcro I'm using your name

Velcro

Velcro

Velcro

ewwwooo I'm such a dangerous criminal.  I used an English word. Go troll a pedophile you worthless **bleep** retentive freaks. Your design copied God's design for seeds anyway. Maybe he should strike y'all dead with lightening for copying him!!!

There....I feel better.

Do the shoes and hats use REAL Velcro?

Yeah Velcro is an English word, created and trademarked by the Velcro Co.

If  the Velcro Company invented the product and created the name (which they did) do you still think it's ok for anyone else to use it to FALSLEY describe another similar product by calling it Velcro when it's not?

If Ford started calling their F-150 a Ferrari F-150 do you think  that would be ok?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply