cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Shipping Report Issues

Hello and thank you taking a moment to read. I have been marked down as late shipping and can not figure out why. I let ebay know that the customer in one situation specifically sent me a message and asked me not to ship until a later date. It's documented by customer and myself, yet ebay still penalized me. I since have another late shipment reported and I'm wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly. My shipping time is one business day, meaning, I have 24 business hours to ship once payment is received. It is rare that I ship the same day as the purchase. Many sales take place late in the evening so I ship fist thing the next morning by 10am. Am I missing something? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Late Shipping Report Issues

Being nice to a buyer/customer is great, of course, but here's the rub: All sites are run by bots now and they cannot be reasoned with, so I always tell my buyers that I agree with them and if it was up to me, I'd comply but we are selling on ebay and this is THEIR site.  We have to follow policies so I have to send ASAP.  If they have a situation, they should hold onto the package and give it when it's right for them.  In other words, it's out of your hands. Buyers always go with it.  Feedbacks never suffer.  Just remind people that you HAVE to follow the rules.  If they push it, block them.  No time to mollycoddle!  This is a business!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The systems here are all automated because there are millions of individual sales on any given day. So, you cannot make arrangements with a buyer to ship at a later date without getting a ding for that. Regarding your other late shipment, it may be that the acceptance scan wasn't done until the following day. Your best bet to avoid late marks is to wait in line to get each of your items scanned accepted while you are at the post office. Relying on computer systems will leave you with late shipment marks on your account. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

One business day shipping and handling means that you will ship the next business day. eBay is based on California time so if an item is sold at 11pm PDT your package should be scanned by midnight the following business day.  If your package is not scanned within your handling time but the package is scanned as delivered by the estimated delivery date, it will still be considered as on time.

You used to be able to appeal late shipment dings if the customer had asked for a late shipment. I don't know if that is still in effect but you can try by contacting ebay customer service on their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you very much. I appreciate your response and time.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for responding and your suggestions. Much appreciated!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply