cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 3 days, I've had zero sales. This has never happened before .

my sales average $300 a day. Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight? I've lost almost $1000 in sales, with no explanation whatsover. I can't survive at this pace, especially after how many bills I had to pay 1st of the month. This is absolutly the worse time for this to be happening. Is this isolated to me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

Re: Last 3 days, I've had zero sales. This has never happened before .

The strange thing is how I can have daily sales, 200+ listings and 3 4 and 5 sales a day, then suddenly like a light switch, nothing for days and days, then just as suddenly, 5 sales in 5 hours of items that had been dead for months.

It makes zero sense how it can be so off and on like that and how stuff i was about to give up hope on goes and sells out of the blue.
Message 61 of 128
latest reply

@albany_sellers wrote:
The strange thing is how I can have daily sales, 200+ listings and 3 4 and 5 sales a day, then suddenly like a light switch, nothing for days and days, then just as suddenly, 5 sales in 5 hours of items that had been dead for months.

It makes zero sense how it can be so off and on like that and how stuff i was about to give up hope on goes and sells out of the blue.

What i am wondering, for real, is that is this a hint of what can happen if we don't purchase ebays new "pay 25% selling program to be seen".

Message 62 of 128
latest reply

Must be a temp programmer that threw the wrong switch...
Message 63 of 128
latest reply

Buyers (smart ones) check out a sellers feedback as well as the feedback they leave for their buyers.  MANY buyers are real sticklers about feedback~~they EXPECT a seller to leave it for them just as MANY sellers are unhappy with the number of feedback they receive from buyers these days.  Buyers for some reason WANT feedback and won't buy from a seller who doesn't leave feedback for their buyers.

Sometime over the last 6 months you quit leaving any feedback at all for your buyers.  You've left feedback for sellers but not buyers.  You've only received a total of 44 feedback in the last 30 days yourself.

Maybe the fact you aren't leaving feedback for your buyers and they aren't leaving it for you has something to do with the downturn in your business?

Message 64 of 128
latest reply

@albany_sellers wrote:

What's weirder, is when an item you thought was dead for MONTHS, suddely sells, and then sells like 4 times in a row.

Message 65 of 128
latest reply

@calntom wrote:

@highway58_sales wrote:

Looking at anothers completeds and solds could give you the wrong information. My solds have been a hot mess since summer, rarely accurate in number or items. Yesterday I saw one sold listing in mine that is from 2016 and also it was showing more than the past 60 days worth- since mid-August. It has only been showing a history of 60 days or less for months.  

Drawing metrics from a sellers "sold listings" is one of the poorest metrics ebay provides as far as accuracy goes. 

Looking at my "solds" for this month that anyone can view shows a total of 7. 

Looking at "Manage Paid and Shipped Orders" in Seller Hub shows a total of 16 individual sales this month. 

Message 66 of 128
latest reply

I have NO problem finding your items in search.

If I needed a watch link yours show up.

Your items are NOT being hidden. . .

Message 67 of 128
latest reply

"I've had a total of 3 sales since the 1st"

I don't see them, I do see 4 sales on the 1st, but not 3 since the 1st. . .

Message 68 of 128
latest reply

@siayan wrote:

1. If you do a high to low price search on you items keyword are they their? You may have to log out or go incognito to get an accurate search. If they are their then eBay is not hiding your items.

2. eBay can put items wherever they choose in Best Match. Has something changed in your account that would put you lower in Best Match. Negative, bad star, late eBay Payment, returns?

One of the biggest boosts in Best Match search is Sales. Once a sale is made it boosts best match way up and it usually results in more sales. The duration for the boost is unknown but I suspect it is hours. 

The biggest drop in Best Match Search is a multiple of bad "tracking seller performance". 

But it is easier to think eBay picks one person out and says to put them on the no show list.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 69 of 128
latest reply

@albany_sellers Your items sell when they get seen, that is a fact. Really doesn't matter what you sell. Just look at completed sold items in different categories on ebay that you consider trash or junk. 

Slow / non-existant sales on ebay will NEVER happen to every seller at the same time, because as the wise ones say, ebay can't afford to hide sellers items if they need the money from the sales

Their business does depend on the success of their sellers.

They like to keep us listing more too, but they don't always reward that listing with more sales. 

Seller hub and the performance metrics must be playing a big part in sales and store performance.

The problem is, they usually aren't accurate. 

Message 70 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

I do not have dry spells. And It's not a dry spell, when ebay controls who sees and buys your items. It is  tampering with the market. It's like owning a store in the mall, and the mall is preventing people from walking to your section of the mall. Your sales will go down, but that's not a dry spell. That is deliberate and in no way a natural flow of sales.

I agree.

Any of us who monitor sales and competitors notice that eBay restricts visibility of certain items and/or sellers at certain times/places.  Sellers have noted that their sales are only in a particular region, or at particular times of the day.  I recently sold an item that I knew was $5 higher than a direct competitor - we are both TRS and the product was brand new.  So how did this happen?  I went in using the buyer's zip code and did a search ... my item comes up, and his does not.  It doesn't matter how I sort or what key words I use (including UPC).  Simply, for that zip code, the buyer never sees my competitors product at the lower price, and I get the sale.

I assume that this is due to eBay's well-rumored "throttling" where they are attempting to spread out sales among a class of sellers (effectively limiting a seller to a sales ceiling no matter how much they list).  The "throttling" does not merely put an item lower in search listings, but completely eliminates that item from search results ... result:  no sale.

It may not seem fair, particularly when a seller goes through extra effort to promote, clearly list, do great photos, etc with the expectation that this influences sales ... but that is what happens here, and there isn't anything we can do about it.

Message 71 of 128
latest reply

@ellis61 wrote:

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

I do not have dry spells. And It's not a dry spell, when ebay controls who sees and buys your items. It is  tampering with the market. It's like owning a store in the mall, and the mall is preventing people from walking to your section of the mall. Your sales will go down, but that's not a dry spell. That is deliberate and in no way a natural flow of sales.

I agree.

Any of us who monitor sales and competitors notice that eBay restricts visibility of certain items and/or sellers at certain times/places.  Sellers have noted that their sales are only in a particular region, or at particular times of the day.  I recently sold an item that I knew was $5 higher than a direct competitor - we are both TRS and the product was brand new.  So how did this happen?  I went in using the buyer's zip code and did a search ... my item comes up, and his does not.  It doesn't matter how I sort or what key words I use (including UPC).  Simply, for that zip code, the buyer never sees my competitors product at the lower price, and I get the sale.

I assume that this is due to eBay's well-rumored "throttling" where they are attempting to spread out sales among a class of sellers (effectively limiting a seller to a sales ceiling no matter how much they list).  The "throttling" does not merely put an item lower in search listings, but completely eliminates that item from search results ... result:  no sale.

UPC and zip code please

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 72 of 128
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Shouldn't ebay give us a heads up on the days they block our listings?

It would be nice. I'd do some shopping. sunglasses

Message 73 of 128
latest reply

@vw wrote:

I have NO problem finding your items in search.

If I needed a watch link yours show up.

Your items are NOT being hidden. . .

I've been in business for almost 20 years. I know business. Thanks for trying tho. There are many examples of sellers on multipe platforms, ONLY having dry spells when it comes to ebay. If it were the market, or views, then all platforms would have low sales. Nothing that you've said counters that. You seeing my items, doesn't counter that. It depends on what keywords you use. Where you're searching from. When you are searching. ETC ETC ETC. Stop pretending ebay is all perfect.

Message 74 of 128
latest reply

@albany_sellers wrote:

The thing is many of us experience this and others want to say it doesn't happen. Whether they say it doesn't happen makes know difference what ever. They could say blah blah blah. It IS happening and those of us who go through it now it. 

No sense getting into a debate on a fact.

Message 75 of 128
latest reply