cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

I am well aware of my listings being shown and rotated throughout different geographic regions in the USA. it's always been in waves of about 2-3 days. BUT my last 13 SALES over the last 7 days have ALL been to FLORIDA and CALIFORNIA! Something is not right here or has changed. I live on the East Coast and if you throw in my 14th sale dating back a full week that was to Washington. Not Normal at All! Anyone else noticing a more than unusual pattern of sales to the same states?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

That sounds a little odd. What do you have against Florida, specifically. Politics?

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

What if someone offers free shipping on all items? Then Ebay has no stake in making more money off the shipping cost.

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

No, it's not politics.  I won't ship to Florida until the Tampa Bay Rays get a major league stadium.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

@hartungcards 

Lol! 😆

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I just posted about this yesterday. Most to California Washington etc.. west coast states when I'm in Pa 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Yes...

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Exactly...

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

@jimw1776 wrote:

You've got sales and you're complaining where they're going?  

@jimw1776   The reason for the complaint is if you sell something that cost $18 to ship Ebay takes $2.33. If you sell something that cost $36 to ship Ebay takes $4.65. So they double their profit. You only get 1/2 your profit if you sold closer.

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Yes they do. They scam on charging you the TOTAL price which includes shipping. They double their profit regardless because those sellers offering free shipping ask 2x more for shipping. Thus the reason those close by never buy from them.

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

It only makes sense that a seller would get more far sales from the most populated states, and yes they can and will come in groups.

The majority of my sales go to CA, FL, TX, PA, and IL - everybody seems to live there.  I don't think I've ever had a sale to WY, RI or MT - nobody lives there.

I live in Mississippi, with a population of a little less than three million.  In 20 years I've gotten a grand total of SEVEN sales to my own state.  That's just how it is.  

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 25 of 38
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea   So you think Indiana, Illinois and Ohio are so much smaller than California and Washington that everyone in on the West cost are the ones buying on Ebay ? I have sold approximately 3 out of the last 80 or so packages to those three states, Everything else is CA, WA, and TX. I don't believe they are that much bigger to have a 95% sales compared to the rest of the United States.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea   So you think Indiana, Illinois and Ohio are so much smaller than California and Washington that everyone in on the West cost are the ones buying on Ebay ? I have sold approximately 3 out of the last 80 or so packages to those three states, Everything else is CA, WA, and TX. I don't believe they are that much bigger to have a 95% sales compared to the rest of the United States.

This is just my own personal experience.  Of course every seller is going to be different.

My point is that states with a higher population are going to have more sales no matter how you slice and dice it.  Sales to CA or TX will always be higher in number than sales to WY, RI or MS.  The only exception I can think of would be if a seller exclusively state related merchandise.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I agree that the larger states would have more sales. No problem with that, but not 95% of the sales.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

California and Florida combined have almost 20% of the US population.

It does not surprise me at all that a lot of sales go there.

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

I haven't noticed recently, but did years ago. I'm not selling as much now though, so it's harder to spot trends. Back then, naysayers would say that the states that seemed to be "turned on" were buying more for some reason, but the same trends weren't happening on Amazon. If some Midwest states were buying more on eBay because they were chilling out indoors because of a heat wave, why weren't they also buying more on other sites?

At the time, people on both this board and the powersellers boards did experiments. Posters would search for the same item and then post the # found and their location.  There were wide discrepancies in the # found, but my recollection is that it was hard to spot trends based on location.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply