cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

I am well aware of my listings being shown and rotated throughout different geographic regions in the USA. it's always been in waves of about 2-3 days. BUT my last 13 SALES over the last 7 days have ALL been to FLORIDA and CALIFORNIA! Something is not right here or has changed. I live on the East Coast and if you throw in my 14th sale dating back a full week that was to Washington. Not Normal at All! Anyone else noticing a more than unusual pattern of sales to the same states?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Last 13 Sales ALL to FLORIDA & CALIFORNIA

I have Florida on my excluded shipping list.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

That has happened off & on both here and my own website since 2011. 

Nothing to be of any concern. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

@hartungcards   Not possible

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Both states grow a lot of food so maybe grocery bills are lower?  

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

I am one of the last people who do not believe in conspiracies but to be honest yours may be the first. Almost everything I have shipped in the last 4 months has went the farthest distance. It makes Ebay 2x more money since they scam on the ship charge.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

I would say that 90% of my sales go to California, Oregon and Washington.  I sell alot of diecast and diecast is really , really hot on the west coast.  Once in a blue moon, I will get a sale to someone near my Long Island home and that will be a very rare item.  I do believe that ebay is set up to always show buyers the items from the farthest sellers first so that ebay can benefit in higher shipping fees.  

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

I don't think there is anything to it.  Are these all the same items or similar?  If so, you may consider raising prices a little, unless your fine with selling at your current prices and making a nice profit.   If the people are buying the same items from these two states then your items must be a real bargain.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

@coolections @ms.rodriguez* 

Really? Yet 71% of all items sold have FREE shipping?

If it were REALLY a conspiracy, nothing would EVER sell to the 5 States that do NOT collect Sales Tax. 

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers   I have never offered free shipping in 24 years. When a person in California buys an item with $38 shipping and someone in Ohio can pay $18 shipping it is a little odd. Sales tax in usually around 8x less expensive then ship cost so NO, Ebay does not care about that.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

I live on the East Coast also and have noticed that trend for years, I get a half dozen sales in one area of the country and then it shifts somewhere else but often times in bunches. But all the years I have been on eBay I barely ever get a sale near my home.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Hoo Boy - If it's Wednesday, it must be Crazy Conspiracy Theory Day on eBay.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

I live in Florida and get many sales from Florida residents so I don't believe in the eBay shipping distance conspiracy. Florida and California are large states that are over populated. It only makes sense that many sales would come from them. I get many sales from Texas as well. eBay is doing just fine with all of their other rackets. I think you give their programmers too much credit to be able to program such algorithms.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

You've got sales and you're complaining where they're going?   I wish I had your problem! My sales have tanked.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Do free shipping sellers not increase their listing prices to make up for shipping loss?

Message 15 of 38
latest reply