cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K.I.S.S. Statistical Overload

The old K.I.S.S. (keep it simple susan) method of management is still the best to go by.

Therefore the Only matrix needed to guide your actions for a successful business is the AMOUNT SOLD.

Forget about the following: avg click-through rate, avg sales conversion rate, impressions, page views, impressions by placements,  top 20 search slot impressions, and so on.  You can literally put yourself out of business chasing all these frivolous matrixes.  

Also using a High Promoted Listing % is a Waste of money.

To maximize the Amount Sold Matrix then :Take Great pictures, list as often as you possibly can, price your items competitively, offer reasonable shipping, ship quickly.

The amount sold matrix is the only statistic you can pay your bills with.  all the other matrixes waste your time and plays with your mind.

Good Luck and Good Selling

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: K.I.S.S. Statistical Overload

This is true. I can't believe all those "frivolous matrixes".

You sell and make a profit...unless you want to be Amazon or such.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@namtrag1 wrote:

The old K.I.S.S. (keep it simple susan) method of management is still the best to go by.

Therefore the Only matrix needed to guide your actions for a successful business is the AMOUNT SOLD.

Forget about the following: avg click-through rate, avg sales conversion rate, impressions, page views, impressions by placements,  top 20 search slot impressions, and so on.  You can literally put yourself out of business chasing all these frivolous matrixes.  

My guess is the only reason people are concerned with "avg click-through rate, avg sales conversion rate, impressions, page views, impressions by placements,  top 20 search slot impressions" is because their "AMOUNT SOLD" Sucks...

I mean, if they were happy with their amount sold, they wouldnt even be looking at those other metrics or "matrixes" right?

My second guess is its only gonna get worse - BETTER PROMOTE! (It'll help quicken the inevitable...)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I guess I agree with you.

I don't even look at those "other things".

Honestly, I don't even know what some of them mean.  LOL

I'm only concerned with SALES.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Nice avatar!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Got to disagree.

Sales without profits are meaningless.

If you can only handle one measure it has to be net profit.

But you can do much better if you use more measures and know how to adapt your business based on what they show to improve your net profit.

Too many sellers who go solely by Amount Sold, find they cannot deal with a sales lull because their profit per item is pathetic and their overhead for fulfilling orders is too high for their cash flow.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Got to disagree.

Sales without profits are meaningless.

If you can only handle one measure it has to be net profit.

But you can do much better if you use more measures and know how to adapt your business based on what they show to improve your net profit.

Too many sellers who go solely by Amount Sold, find they cannot deal with a sales lull because their profit per item is pathetic and their overhead for fulfilling orders is too high for their cash flow.

I agree and I disagree.

Sales should equal profits.

If it's doesn't, the seller is doing something wrong.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 7
latest reply