cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just experienced worst buyer in 20 years

I am in the middle of dealing with the worst buyer I have had in 20 years as a seller. She left unwarranted nasty feedback without contacting me first.  She went through ebay to get her return. Then she waits an additional 10 days to send it back to me.  I try reaching out to her regarding her feedback...she calls me a stalker. She says I am slandering her.  ???  What??  Her public feedback of me is liable.  Not true.  She keeps it going sending me emails ...then says I am stalking her.  Her big problem was the doll was not connected to the box.  I never said it was connected.  Selling on ebay isn't worth this kind of aggravation.  I am just glad that 99% of my buyers are good honest people.  How would you deal with a buyer like this?  Have you had a few too many Karens?

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Just experienced worst buyer in 20 years

The head on that top doll is kind of wonky, too, like someone almost pulled it off (when I was a kid we used to pull the heads off Barbie and Ken dolls and switch them), also that looks like old scotch tape that used to hold the violin. But I'm glad to see Barbie doing something besides husband chasing.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 61 of 69
latest reply

Barbie has Ken...she doesn't chase husbands.

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

@mustardjo wrote:

Barbie has Ken...she doesn't chase husbands.

If I had Ken, I'd chase anything else.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 63 of 69
latest reply

UPDATE: The buyer returned the doll with the neck knob broken.  It took several calls to ebay to straighten it out.  Ebay refunded the buyer and removed her feedback and I blocked her. So all I am out is the doll which is worthless now.

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Well, that's about as good as can be expected, I guess at least you're not out the money AND the doll. 😣

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 65 of 69
latest reply

Yes that's the truth. The best part was ebay removing her negative feedback. 

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

Wow... I wouldn't mind this buyer.

The ones I hate are the ones who give negative feedback and refuse to open a return even when you offer 60 day FREE returns.

Literally beg for a return to be opened, nope.

Message 67 of 69
latest reply

Well that's good that you aren't out any money for it and got the feedback removed. Silver linings! 

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

UPDATE:  Buyer sent doll back with broken neck knob...she is worthless now.  Negative Feedback removed....ebay refunded buyer....so the only thing I am out of is the doll.  Main Problem ....Isn't negative feedback supposed to be the last resort after you contact seller and try to work it out with them?  When I receive something I don't like....first I contact the seller and try to work it out with them.  If they kindly accept the refund....I will leave positive feedback such as..."not what I expected but seller worked it out with me and accepted a return."  That is the way I assumed ebay is supposed to work.  This buyer went ahead and left negative feedback without even contacting me first.  It seems almost everyone responded to my post agrees with the buyer (as ebay does) not fellow sellers who know the damage negative feedback causes.   I just stopped reading the responses...I didn't want to argue. But, anyway, the buyer returned the doll with a broken  neck knob.  Ebay was pretty good about taking care of the whole thing but it took several calls to do it.  Thank you ebay for your help.

Message 69 of 69
latest reply