cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not showing up in Search or Store

My items are not showing up properly in my store or in Search.  I currently have 276 items for sale and when I clicked on item view, it first showed the right amount. A little later it showed only 4 items, then 5. When I went to my Store view first all items showed up, but if I clicked on a category, it would show 0 or way less than what I have in that category.  I noticed that the sub category for books of the 4 that did show up in item view was a cateogory I don't even use! (text books).  Then Store view started to show only 4 items.

I then started to search for my items in regular search.  They seem to show up, sporadically, if I am searching for highest price, but if I have it on Best match or Newly listed they don't show up!  Even if I put in my exact title.

Anyone else having this problem?  Help!  Just started having this problem today, Monday September 11, 2017.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Items not showing up in Search or Store

Thats eBay for ya.

How many sellers is this happening to that don't even realize it?

Good Luck

May God help us

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Well - I now see 110 in AZ so your re-listing is working
Message 17 of 42
latest reply

Opps - now its 124 - wow you POST Fast!
Message 18 of 42
latest reply

@grilled wrote:

@chrisl3486 wrote:
Well, I ended all my items and now I am starting to relist them. I have relisted about 53 now and they seem to be staying & showing up on Search. Not happy about having to do all this work. But it was the only thing I could figure out to do!

I think you wasted your time.  

eBay Search has bugs.  Your listings are not the problem. eBay's bugs in Search are the problem. 

And just because you did something and now see different results does not mean that "you fixed it," I'm sorry to say. 

Well, it probably does have bugs, but nothing was showing up before & I can't sell anything with it like that. So hopefully the relists will stick for now & maybe someone from ebay will eventually look at these posts & try to figure out what's wrong! 🙂

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisl3486 wrote:

@grilled wrote:

@chrisl3486 wrote:
Well, I ended all my items and now I am starting to relist them. I have relisted about 53 now and they seem to be staying & showing up on Search. Not happy about having to do all this work. But it was the only thing I could figure out to do!

eBay Search has bugs.  Your listings are not the problem. eBay's bugs in Search are the problem. 

And just because you did something and now see different results does not mean that "you fixed it," I'm sorry to say. 

Well, it probably does have bugs, but nothing was showing up before & I can't sell anything with it like that. So hopefully the relists will stick for now & maybe someone from ebay will eventually look at these posts & try to figure out what's wrong! 🙂

Hi @chrisl3486 - I'm terribly sorry for the delay in my reply here! If this happens again, please let me know and I'll look into it as quickly as I can. It appears the relisting has worked because all of your items are showing now but definitely keep me posted. 

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous go to his listings and just hit refresh over and over, watch the count bounce from 297 to 306 and back again with the occasional 127, 205, 73 etc thrown in just to keep it interesting.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Thank you for your reply @Anonymous I will definitely let you know if it does it again. It seems to be working ok for the time being. Luckily I have been clearing out inventory over the summer, so I have not been using all my listings; I have a premier store. Therefore I was able to relist everything without incurring extra cost. Someone else without those listings may not have been able to do that. So hopefully this isn't a big site wide problem for others.
Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@chrisl3486 wrote:

Exactly! Those 4 you mentioned showing up in results are the only 4 that are showing up in my store.  Try putting in "Nancy Drew Huge Lot 40 Mystery books" part of an exact title of a listing that should be up; I am not getting any results.

What buyer in their right mind would put in a search query with that phrase?

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

I see 306 listings this morning, not just 30.

Glad to see you up and running with all your lsitings. . .

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrisl3486 wrote:

@grilled wrote:

@chrisl3486 wrote:

Hi @chrisl3486 - I'm terribly sorry for the delay in my reply here! If this happens again, please let me know and I'll look into it as quickly as I can. It appears the relisting has worked because all of your items are showing now but definitely keep me posted. 

Well everything looked good this morning but now once again items are disappearing. I'm down to 69 at present with some fluctuation. Help!  @Anonymous

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous Help! Items all disappearing again. Down to 69 at this point.
Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisl3486 wrote:
@Anonymous Help! Items all disappearing again. Down to 69 at this point.

Hi @chrisl3486 - I'm not able to replicate this on my side. All searches return 297 items, both in your store and in the normal search view. Could you share a screenshot where you're seeing differently? Also, what web browser are you using? Keep me posted!

2017-09-12 15_19_53-chrisl3486 _ eBay.png2017-09-12 15_19_28-Cal's Book Inn _ eBay Stores.png

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous I use Firefox. It has gone back to 297 for me too. It lasted about 20 to 30 minutes at 69/70 and since then has been back to normal. So don't know what that was! I will keep checking and do a Screen Shot if it does it again. Thanks.
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Some of my listings are blank when I click on them and some are ok.  This has been going on for a month.  I thought I was in some kind of demented test.  I called ebay today and they told me I should use chrome and not firefox.  Because they could see everything in chrome.  This is unacceptable.  Ebay listings should be visible to all browsers.  They need a whole new batch of programers imho.

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@critter_mama_2007 wrote:

Some of my listings are blank when I click on them and some are ok.  This has been going on for a month.  I thought I was in some kind of demented test.  I called ebay today and they told me I should use chrome and not firefox.  Because they could see everything in chrome.  This is unacceptable.  Ebay listings should be visible to all browsers.  They need a whole new batch of programers imho.

Hi @critter_mama_2007 - Do you have an item number of one of the listings with a blank description? I pulled up a few of yours in Firefox and I'm seeing the description as I should. Let me know!

Message 30 of 42
latest reply