cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items getting minimal or no views since after March 29. Any issue?

Hi, 

I just wanted to ask if someone else is experiencing this.

My last date of sale was March 29 when i sold 3 items (three separete listings).

Before that everything was normal meaning within a period of 3-4 days max i had some sales and normal views.

After March 29 my account seems like is sleeping for some unknown reason.

I have listed new items and relisted some old ones but none of them seems to act normally in terms of views or sales. Some of them have even 0 views even if i click on and refresh. 

Does this has to do with some kind of general issue or update?

I believe my listings are OK, mobile optimized and filled with details etc.  

My account is in very good shape with no late shipping,perfomance is above standard in US and top rated in Global, all my invoices are paid etc.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Items getting minimal or no views since after March 29. Any issue?

I have been experiencing the same thing since the first week in March. After nearly 4 years of steady monthly sales, I just fell off the cliff. Probably something that ebay is doing. When I inquired they told me that I was not visible. Now, I am apparently visible, but nothing. I started a thread called "Ebay has told me I am not visible", Id: lakotak. Maybe some of the answers I got on that thread might help you understand what ebay is doing.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The reason for minimal views, is because new items listed in the last week are not showing in the search (well most aren't). Last night I went to look for my Alderney 5 Pound packs that I listed a few days ago, and they are not showing up in the search. I go to my Active Listings and see there are no views. I look through my list carefully, most of what I've listed this past week has no views or only a couple.

A little concerning because I'm running some auctions this week and people can't bookmark and watch an item if it doesn't even show up among the listings.

The only upside, is if you have a big store with lots of stuff in it that's similar, someone might browse your listings in your store to see other things you have for sale. But seems that's the only way they'll find anything I listed this week. Kind of makes me angry because I paid 10 cents for a listing to start when I listed it, if I wanted the listing to be visible a week later, I'd have waited to list it.

No point in calling eBay to complain about this stuff, the CSRs know nothing and will just tell you noise that will make you a little more upset than you were before you called. I'm assuming at some point the computer software will catch up and those listings will be visible.

Cheers, C.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

First things first - I see 53 listing when I look at your account. Is that the correct number? 

Your HP F6V25AE  ink cartridge is $26.40 shipped. When I search F6V25AE  and sort by lowest price first, the lowest listing is under $15 shipped. The lowest domestic one is under $19 shipped. Both of those sellers seem to be having no trouble selling them - perhaps the issue is pricing? 

While I did not find your exact set of Coca Cola coasters in a tin ($25 shipped), I did find plenty  of similar ones for $5 - $15 shipped. And a quick search of sold listings shows that 90% of the ones were bought for less than yours. Again, pricing might be the issue. 

How long have you been selling? How fast is your inventory turning? Could it be that your best items have been cherry-picked, and your remaining inventory is the less desirable or slower-moving items? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@sin-n-dexwrote:

The reason for minimal views, is because new items listed in the last week are not showing in the search (well most aren't). Last night I went to look for my Alderney 5 Pound packs that I listed a few days ago, and they are not showing up in the search. I go to my Active Listings and see there are no views. I look through my list carefully, most of what I've listed this past week has no views or only a couple.

A little concerning because I'm running some auctions this week and people can't bookmark and watch an item if it doesn't even show up among the listings.

The only upside, is if you have a big store with lots of stuff in it that's similar, someone might browse your listings in your store to see other things you have for sale. But seems that's the only way they'll find anything I listed this week. Kind of makes me angry because I paid 10 cents for a listing to start when I listed it, if I wanted the listing to be visible a week later, I'd have waited to list it.

No point in calling eBay to complain about this stuff, the CSRs know nothing and will just tell you noise that will make you a little more upset than you were before you called. I'm assuming at some point the computer software will catch up and those listings will be visible.

Cheers, C.

I see both your items in a search.........top  of the search.........

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

I see both your items in a search.........top  of the search.........

That's awesome. I still can't see them. eBay does say they don't guarantee it will be shown, but it's good that someone can see them. All the recent stuff has few views though. Even though I think it sometimes takes time for an item to be indexed in the search, I still sometimes manage to sell an item within 5 minutes of listing it.

Cheers, C.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You've got Canada blocked for shipping (everyone except US)........are you signed in as being in Canada?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

You've got Canada blocked for shipping (everyone except US)........are you signed in as being in Canada?

dh, you're brilliant.

OK, no, I ship USA, Canada, and worldwide (to some eDelcon countries).

But because of the unstable costs of shipping anything that falls under "proof set/mint pack", if I use that template, it will default to USA shipping, and people in other countries can by (no exclusions, I thought.. but that might have changed when I got SixBit after I accidentally gave away $28 in free shipping on a piece of computer hardware to Australia) but the shipping isn't posted for International locations in this template. I intended to go add shipping to all my lighter items, there's no need for them to be blocked. (eBay sees me as logged in as Canada and I can't view anything that's blocked).

I had a number of 1lb proof sets and some pretty expensive items I wanted to keep in USA, and I should have made a second template pending on what I was listing, but I'm Miss Short-Cut, so I didn't. I'm going to fix this over the weekend.

Cheers, C.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your answer. I am selling for 2 years on ebay and many years online in general and understandand pricing very well. 

I understand pricing on some of my items for a US buyer may seem wrong for you but actually iam not aiming US buyers for that particular listings. In the listings that i aim US buyers pricing is OK.

My base is in Cyprus which is a european country, member of EU and provides tax free imports/exports for all the europian union countries. Most Us sellers are not familiar selling oveseas or have extreamly high prices shipping to europe.  If a buyer is located eg. in Spain and makes the exact same search you made he will find my item as best priced. In general if a buyer from europe will search he may find only a couble of listings ink cheaper (from Israel) but he will need to pay at least 19% tax) So because you are located to US is normal that you can find some listings of mine to appear expensive for shipping to you but if you are in any european country my pricing is the best because those buyers are not required to pay something more than my exact price on listing and in fact for them price+shipping = lowest.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply