cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items being relisted after sale

Somebody please tell me that I am not the only seller that has sold items reappearing under items for sale.  Within the last three months or so, I have had items already sold showing up under my active for sale items.  I have no clue what caused that!!!  Sad thing is that I discovered this problem after the items sold again and I do not have them!  I have cancelled SEVERAL of these transactions and need to know how to prevent this relisting issue.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Items being relisted after sale

@thebes1996 wrote:

Sad thing is that I discovered this problem after the items sold again and I do not have them!   

You're not the only one, this has been a problem for a couple years now.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Nope, you aren't the only one. 

I suppose you can help prevent it from happening by auditing your list of items on a daily basis.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, Happened to us multiple times with variation listings, sold items that were shown as out of stock, were sold again, and again...

You can prevent this situation by having your own updated inventory list, make sure to be on top of the specific amounts/numbers of each units per item, if it is ooak item, remember to end the listing immediately after they are sold.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@flyingmvp wrote:
 if it is ooak item, remember to end the listing immediately after they are sold.

That helps, but still doesn't stop an item showing up for sale later.

There's been ended listings and listings that has been deleted show back up for sale after they've been sold.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It happened to me as well.  Just call ebay and let them know and they will fix it. It took 1 day for them to fix mine.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Came here just to try and figure out why this was happening and what sense eBay thinks it makes. It feels like a super poor implementation of an extremely popular platform that allows you options such as inventory tracking and selling items after the inventory is sold out was copied by someone who never took the time to reverse-engineer it enough to know it doesn't work well on a site where the majority of items may be one-offs.

On that other platform, you have full control of this feature and it's product-specific not side wide.

I've used it a few times for products I knew would be restocking because I made them or was dealing with a trustworthy vendor.

On eBay, it's a nightmare because they're relisting shoes and shoelaces I definitely cannot get again as some are years old and DS. I first noticed it when they relisted a very popular pair of laces I was selling when I was already sold out of the allotted eBay inventory. Thank god I had a few spares in inventory for another platform and my personal stash. 

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Haven't experienced it yet buy have heard of this referred to as a ghost listing.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply