cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item still showing as active after a purchase

Good morning,

I really need some help as I have an issue that has caused me some recent problems as well as a mark against me in the past.   I was under the impression that the system automatically updates as item sell, and they are removed no longer shows as an active listing?  The issue that this has caused me in the past was I sold an item twice and had to the tell the second buyer the item was no longer available because it still showed in my active listings even after I shipped it out and delivered.  Needless to say, I spent many hours looking for that particular item with no luck in finding it and it dawned on me maybe I had duplicated it but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.  Currently what I am doing is right after I ship the item I go to my active listings and remove it from the active listings and end the item.  I even sign out and sign back in to see if maybe refreshing the page updates anything and it doesn't.  Is there any work around on this?  Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Even if they have OOS enabled, the qty should be zero if it was a qty of 1 listing and even though the seller can see it in active listings it's supposed to be unable to be seen by others and certainly not purchased as it should be zero qty.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@igotthis4u242 

One thing you can check is to see if you have the "out of stock" feature enabled. 

It is in your preferences:  https://www.ebay.com/uas/selling-pref

Scroll down to: 

"Listings stay active when you are out of stock"   

Make sure it is NOT enabled. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

do you have an example of the item number that is showing as available yet you sold it?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Even if they have OOS enabled, the qty should be zero if it was a qty of 1 listing and even though the seller can see it in active listings it's supposed to be unable to be seen by others and certainly not purchased as it should be zero qty.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I will check for that but typically I only have one or two items that have multiple quantities but I will start there and see.  It’s happening to all of my sales.  Let me see if I have a setting on that shouldn’t be on.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi Monica,  

unfortunately I don’t have an example to show because I have manually ended them.   I don’t have very many sales because I keep getting hung up on other things I can’t seem to figure out.   If it happens again I’ll be sure to come back here to give you an example though.   I hate sounding like I’m complaining but I should be successful by now and I don’t know why I can’t seem to get past two other hurdles I’m having which I don’t know how to convey to get the help I need.  This one today and yesterday just added to another issue I’m having.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply