cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item specifics randomly disappear. check your listings.

I have just noticed many of my item specifics have disappeared.   I noticed it in over 20 listings so far and I have not checked that many compared to the number I have.   

The demanded specifics like brand and type are not the problem but all other optional ones like country manufacturer , material and compatible brand disappear at random and some times change. 

by disappear I mean it loses the information and is not blank and some of the changes I have seen has been United States changing to Unknown and  one I just discovered the year manufactured changed from not being filled in to 1970.

as if fixing the inventory numbers debacle that just happened wasn't a big enough pain.  this is going to be very time consuming to fix. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Item specifics randomly disappear. check your listings.

It may be a purposeful 'experiment' to eliminate descriptions all together.  They already gave the ability to buy from a thumbnail picture without even reading the listing.  There was another thread about this they moved to the technical forum...  Like how often does anyone visit there?

All Descriptions are missing.. - The eBay Community

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I don't think ebay would want to get rid of descriptions but that being said

you may have mis read my post.  I am talking about item specifics.  not the actual description 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@compscrap wrote:

I have just noticed many of my item specifics have disappeared.   I noticed it in over 20 listings so far and I have not checked that many compared to the number I have. 

Did you make any recent modifications or revisions to those listings? Changing their listing category is one way to lose all your Item Specifics. There might be other changes that can affect them as well.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

There were recently some category changes made by eBay. Does ebay automatically change the listing category? That would make item specifics disappear as well.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

sounds like a problem

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

sounds like a problem 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

dd

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ebay has been very glitchy.  not only as of late but overall in my experience. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I think this is all a part of ebay's master plan. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply