cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item "returned to sender" by "brother". Buyer still wants it.

I have a slightly strange situation. I received a message from a buyer that stated that the buyer's brother marked the item I sent to that buyer, "Return to Sender, Refused." Tracking of the item shows forwarded, and then Return to Sender. This is the message from the buyer, who is relatively new, "Hello my brother sent back the game to you not knowing that it was mine and possibly u can send it back or something please I really want the game". Item is relatively inexpensive, is brand new, and we shipped it immediately upon receipt of payment.

Does anyone have thoughts on what might be going on here? The buyer has never left feedback.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item "returned to sender" by "brother". Buyer still wants it.

When you get the game back, you can refund the buyer minus the original postage. He can then buy it again.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Will this affect my defect rate? It's not my fault.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@buriedintoys wrote:

Will this affect my defect rate? It's not my fault.

I've never had any returns from Postal issues (not valid address, no forwarding address provided, refused, etc.) ever count as a defect.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As a EBAY Seller MY Self smokejoe13 on ebay  

By the way i can say i would not worry about it i have seen stranger things

cant hurt to Hold on to emails should a problem come up in 90 days

from sell Point some times going be on  the call of duty with a Buyer makes a repeat customer much like age Feed back is only a Number and while it Looks good not every buyer well leave feed back if that part don't Matter best to let it go can always contact buyer and ask for it as well long as under 90 days how ever or let them know when and if the game shows up you well once again send it back once more but only if you Get the game back if 90 days pass and no return of game to you then not your fault as you shipped it out the first time and never got it back so did your job

Best Regards

smokejoe13 hope this was of help 😎

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I would tell the buyer I would resend if they paid the postage. I would resend via Paypal ship now and not involve eBay because re-sending can mess up delivery performance metrics. A refusal/return to sender voids the MBG for the buyer so it should not impact you from that standpoint.

If the buyer refuses to pay the additional postage, refund them less shipping and fees.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply