cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item marked as delivered, buyer claims they didn't get it

A few days ago, a buyer opened up a case that she hadn't received an item.  The item was marked as delivered to a parcel locker at the post office in her town a few weeks ago.  I contacted the post office and they replied they found the package delivered it to her and I asked if I received it.  I wrote to her, but she hasn't responded on whether she got the package or not.  Pretty much, the only choices I have are to update the tracking information (it hasn't changed), refund her or Ebay will automatically close the case today and give her a full refund and me a defect.  I am having trouble contacting an actual person on ebay to help me (guess we the store costs and fees not to get help when we need it), when I state the problem, it just circles me back to those options and I am afraid that once ebay refunds her they I won't be able to get my money back.  What should I do?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just put the tracking # in the case........even tho they  already have it.  Ebay will close the case since it shows delivered........you will not have to refund........  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If ebay's tracking shows delivered, make sure you update the tracking on the INR case, you should be good.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can also add the following statement to your shipping policy,

"We are not responsible for lost packages that have been delivered to the correct address"

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

You can also add the following statement to your shipping policy,

"We are not responsible for lost packages that have been delivered to the correct address"

That disclaimer won't stop buyers from opening INR cases as most buyers never read descriptions.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are doing too much work, when all you need to do is upload the tracking number to the INR claim

Message 6 of 6
latest reply