cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item delivered, buyers says he didn't received, he wants a refund... ???

Ok guys, im looking for some assistance.

I sold an item around Aug 14 and 16th, cant remember but... i did packed and printed the label on the 17th... uploaded tracking automatically to eBay.

The item was delivered on the 19th...

10 days later, Aug 29th, the buyer messaged me saying that he never received the package and asked me if the package had insurance, i told him to contact usps for more info since on my side i see it as "delivered"

Oct 3rd (a month and few days...) he messaged me and tells me that usps delivered to the wrong place, he asked me for my full name, address, (no phone # or email) so he can start a case with usps... i messaged him and gave him the info, today he opened a case saying that he never received the item...

So i feel i did all i can to help, not sure whats the deal...

I added some messages to the eBay open case stating all the steps i did and hopefully they can see it was delivered...

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Item delivered, buyers says he didn't received, he wants a refund... ???

Thanks, i actually helped in every way i could, from telling him the first time when he contacted me to check USPS first, since on my end i can see it was Delivered on time.

But after that, he tells me the package was delivered to the wrong place... he waited over a month to open a USPS claim.

Part of the wait is the USPS requirement on the time allotment before you can open a case, which depends on the class of postage. It is possible that while waiting the buyer worked with the post office to try and run down where the package was actually delivered since he indicated that they know it was delivered to the wrong address. What USPS probably wants your contact information for is to confirm you have not taken any other action, like refunding the buyer, with regards to the incorrectly delivered package. 

This sounds like a USPS error more than one where the buyer had the wrong address on their eBay account when you created and shipped the item. Following is the USPS timeline for filing claims. 

time.jpg

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote: 

When the package showed up missing, i would have reached out to the carrier on the buyer’s behalf. That is just good customer service. The buyer can reach out to the carrier as well, but the seller needs to advise his buyer on how to handle a missing package that shows as delivered. That would entail advising the buyer to ask the neighbors and other occupants of the household about it. Just cutting the buyer loose to fend for himself shows a lack of concern that can end up coming back as poor feedback. 

Thank You ..

Someone else who realizes what good customer service is all about !!

The standard (community) answer of just put Tracking in the eBay system and you're all set

only produces a really disgruntled Buyer (IMO), and the form on USPS.com takes all of three minutes to fill out.  

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

The OP is TRS and has been on eBay for 14 years.  Not a new kid on the block.  Seems like he would be fairly familiar with the MBG.  

Maybe, but if they knew the answer, then why would they have asked??  I mean if they knew it was past the coverage of the MBG, then why are they concerned?  IMHO they didn't know which is why they came here to ask, which is absolutely fine.  Many of us come here solely to help others when they have a question or concern.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

First of all never disclose to a buyer whether or not you have insurance. This is exactly the info they need to determine that no will have no recourse if it comes down to your word or his and the delivery cannot be confirmed by a signature confirmation. In your case he asked after it was delivered so maybe somewhere he saw an opportunity especially if it really was delivered to a neighbor and given to him retrieved by him. Now it sounds like he not got the item but wants to double dip by getting his full refund out of Ebay.  They always seem to side with the person that opened the case because they are too lazy to investigate.  Good luck!

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@wiggmaster66 wrote:

First of all never disclose to a buyer whether or not you have insurance. This is exactly the info they need to determine that no will have no recourse if it comes down to your word or his and the delivery cannot be confirmed by a signature confirmation. In your case he asked after it was delivered so maybe somewhere he saw an opportunity especially if it really was delivered to a neighbor and given to him retrieved by him. Now it sounds like he not got the item but wants to double dip by getting his full refund out of Ebay.  They always seem to side with the person that opened the case because they are too lazy to investigate.  Good luck!

I'm not sure how well that would work since if there is insurance the seller needs the cooperation of the buyer to get a proper claim filed.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Ok, update for this thread.

October 4th, buyer Opened a request.

on the email Ebay says "Please resolve this request by Oct 10th 2023" So i re uploaded the tracking number the following day, and it says that i have till Oct 22nd and if nothing happens i can ask eBay to step in... well, its already the 22nd and the case is open, and i cant find a link for eBay to step in... really confusing situation here...

Nov 5th it would be a whole month... and still waiting, eBay is getting more hard to use.... considering in leaving soon if i don't get help.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@space1998collectibles wrote:

Ok, update for this thread.

October 4th, buyer Opened a request.

on the email Ebay says "Please resolve this request by Oct 10th 2023" So i re uploaded the tracking number the following day, and it says that i have till Oct 22nd and if nothing happens i can ask eBay to step in... well, its already the 22nd and the case is open, and i cant find a link for eBay to step in... really confusing situation here...

Nov 5th it would be a whole month... and still waiting, eBay is getting more hard to use.... considering in leaving soon if i don't get help.

It won't appear until the 23rd.  Always the day after whatever they say.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I've never had a problem.  I usually just submit an online request, and almost always receive a call from the proper local post office within a short time.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

OCT 25th and still cant find the link to ask eBay to step in!!!

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@space1998collectibles wrote:

OCT 25th and still cant find the link to ask eBay to step in!!!

On an INR it may not show up.  Ebay will however close it in a week or two.  It is annoying to have it opened, but other than that it doesn't cause any problems.  Well except the money that is on hold.  If it is problematic for you, you may need to contact Ebay.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 25 of 25
latest reply