cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Not Received from 5 months Ago!

Hello.  I received an email today from a buyer saying that they never received their item that they purchased October 23, 2022.  No communication from them until today.  What happens now?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Keep your tracking information handy in case the buyer goes to PayPal or their CC to open a claim. Good luck.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Too late for the buyer to file a ebay INR (item not received) claim.

Do you have the tracking number still?  Does it show delivered?

The buyer can still do a "chargeback" with their credit card company.

You will have to try and fight that if/when it comes.

Sellers usually lose when the are faced with a chargeback.

Sorry.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Before any potential cc chargeback or other possible shenanigans, you need to be sure you have hard-copy proof that the item was delivered. Assuming it was shipped by the USPS, remember that the USPS drops tracking information after 6 months. That date is coming up. Get hard-copy proof of actual delivery before it does get deleted.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@busterbgood wrote:

Hello.  I received an email today from a buyer saying that they never received their item that they purchased October 23, 2022.  No communication from them until today.  What happens now?

Thanks 

Before any potential cc chargeback or other possible shenanigans, you need to be sure you have hard-copy proof that the item was delivered. Assuming it was shipped by the USPS, remember that the USPS drops tracking information after 120 days (4 months). That date has passed. Hopefully, any upcoming dispute through eBay from PayPal or a credit card chargeback can be repelled with that proof.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Nothing happens unless they file a dispute with the credit card company. That's way past the time to file an INR with ebay, so they have no recourse there. I hope that you kept your tracking information. As Duffy4444 said, you will need it.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have to look again but I think ebay is now keeping your records visible for a year. Not sure if tracking on package is in there.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If you have the tracking number, you can pay something like 2 dollars ( I forgot the exact amount) and the post office will keep that number active.  This is actually very important if you ship something that is expensive. LEARN to pay extra to extend the "life" of the tracking number for lack of a better word. This is done online at www.usps.com.   If this was a pricey, item pay the fee to extend the tracking # to be visible.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

If you have the tracking number, you can pay something like 2 dollars ( I forgot the exact amount) and the post office will keep that number active.  This is actually very important if you ship something that is expensive. LEARN to pay extra to extend the "life" of the tracking number for lack of a better word. This is done online at www.usps.com.   If this was a pricey, item pay the fee to extend the tracking # to be visible.

@ms.rodriguez*:

Thanks! I wasn't aware that the USPS would extend the time tracking information is available... How long is an extension good for?

Cheers, Duffy

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

@ms.rodriguez*:

Thanks! I wasn't aware that the USPS would extend the time tracking information is available... How long is an extension good for?

Cheers, Duffy

USPS Tracking Plus, the option to use it is on every USPS Tracking page (need to expand the section), you can have it saved for 6 months to 10 years at an escalating (but reasonable) fee.

slippinjimmy_0-1679106827325.png

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Try and stall the guy for 35 more days and hope for the best.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@busterbgood wrote:

What happens now is that you either respond to them or you do not.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply