cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item I sold returned broken, lock, it also was missing one of two keys sold with lock.

I sold a India lock on ebay, working order, buyer claims lock didn't work and returned it. Lock was in working order when I shipped it. The lock also was sold with two keys. Buyer returned only one key. 

I reported this to ebay customer service but they still refunded the buyer his purchase price and shipping cost. Ebay tells me the case is closed. NOOOO.

I've tried to call ebay again but all they say is text or email them the problem. I've got decades of selling on ebay and this is what I get from ebay. I think the buyer had a single number feedback. I'm well over 7000 with 100% positive on my feedbacks. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item I sold returned broken, lock, it also was missing one of two keys sold with lock.

FB doesnt matter.  1 or a million... no different.

Once the item was returned you needed to refund.  Had you receeived a box of rocks, you would still need to refund.

There are options to refund less than originally paid but the seller still needs to refund.

You also let eBay refund so you got a seller defect on your account and didnt get the FVFs refunded to you.

You should read about "refunds" and how to set up your seller account to allow partial refunds.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Item I sold returned broken, lock, it also was missing one of two keys sold with lock.

This is what I got from ebay....

Hello William,

Thank you for calling the attention of eBay regarding the refund you have been expecting for the “Vintage Aligarh Lakshmi Indian Padlock ” (153956827379). I am sorry that the transaction did not go smoothly as we are expecting. I greatly appreciate your time and effort to communicate with the buyer for an update. I see that you contacted us immediately about the issue of the item you received but the buyer was still refunded. It is a good thing, though, that you have contacted us once again regarding this because this gave me a chance to thoroughly review your case. No worries now; I have taken the matter in my hand. My name is Sheila and I consider it an honor to be of help to a good eBay member as you are.

William, please disregard the automated email that you will be receiving on this transaction for I have thoroughly checked the details of your transaction and I greatly appreciate your effort in doing all your part as a seller.

We don't normally do this but because you have been a valued member of eBay for over 18 years, I have personally submitted a request to our specialized team to thoroughly review your case/situation and asked to reconsider giving you your refund back. Not all members are given this chance, so we would really need your patience on this matter.

Please note that by submitting this request, there will be a  turnaround time of 7-10 business days for proper investigation and review of your case. I know that this may take some time but I am pretty sure that we will give our best judgment on this matter. I also fully notated your account making sure that we have this on record.

William, I trust the action taken is to your satisfaction. Please don't ever hesitate if you are running into problems in the future, we are here to help you even if it is just for confirmation we really don't mind. We value you as an important part of the eBay community and wish you the best with your future eBay transactions.

Thank you for being the best part of eBay. Take care.

Warm Regards,

Sheila B.

eBay Customer Support

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Pretty standard. All the outsourced support can really do is forward it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You have to choose your attitude.  You have decades of experience on eBay and this is the first experience like this one that you’ve had?  That’s pretty good.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You should assume that the outsourced CS Rep is blowing hot air up your **** and your refund case is closed. 

BUT BUT if Ebay actually finds in your favour and returns your refund to you in 7-10 business days please let us know 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply