cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

I'm getting this error since this morning when trying to print a label with "eBay International Standard Delivery".

Nothing wrong with the Buyers name or Address at all. No special characters and a very short address line.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

@consoulgames wrote:

This started happening to me yesterday as well.  So Far I've had 2 sales through Ebay International Standard, neither of which would generate the label for that service.  I was forced to upgrade to First class international just to get it shipped out.  I would contact Ebay, the more people they know have the issue, the faster it will get fixed. 

Found the issue. Its what you declare in the customs "Item description". I was putting "Computer Memory" because that's what I sell mostly. When I changed to "Electronics", the label generated.

I remember I shipped something to the UK and also to France couple months back using "ebay international standard delivery" and ebay returned my package that this item cannot be shipped to the UK. I then just shipped it using USPS First-Class Mail International without any problems.

I shipped to UK and France before and after that using "ebay international standard delivery" without any problems.

I don't know why they sometimes decide to not allow to ship certain items via the "ebay international standard delivery".

USPS website has a detailed item restriction list for every country and I never saw any such restrictions on the items I sell to the countries ebay didn't allow me to ship.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later.

What country is the buyer in?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

What country is the buyer in?

Greece.

I have shipped to Greece before with the same service.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This started happening to me yesterday as well.  So Far I've had 2 sales through Ebay International Standard, neither of which would generate the label for that service.  I was forced to upgrade to First class international just to get it shipped out.  I would contact Ebay, the more people they know have the issue, the faster it will get fixed. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@consoulgames wrote:

Found the issue. Its what you declare in the customs "Item description". I was putting "Computer Memory" because that's what I sell mostly. When I changed to "Electronics", the label generated.

I remember I shipped something to the UK and also to France couple months back using "ebay international standard delivery" and ebay returned my package that this item cannot be shipped to the UK. I then just shipped it using USPS First-Class Mail International without any problems.

I shipped to UK and France before and after that using "ebay international standard delivery" without any problems.

I don't know why they sometimes decide to not allow to ship certain items via the "ebay international standard delivery".

USPS website has a detailed item restriction list for every country and I never saw any such restrictions on the items I sell to the countries ebay didn't allow me to ship.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Life saver, I was on my 5th label and 5th time having to contact ebay just shortened the item description and it wen though

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank You.

Shortened what Ebay had put in the Item description and it went through fine.

I had spent way to much time banging my head over this

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi, I'm have the same issue but how do I edit the Description it only allows my the change name and shipping address not description, thanks!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi, I'm have the same issue but how do I edit the Description? It only allows my the change name and shipping address thanks!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply