cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a garage sale now?

salesforsam
Adventurer

I get that everyone wants a deal, but please...I have an item listed for $9.99 and a buyer send me a Best Offer for $9.50? Is ebay a garage sale now? How petty can you get? Trying to get 50 cents off a listing?

I am so glad I unloaded a lot of my collectibles back when ebay was...different. Sorry that the things I have left are not going to fetch the prices they would have way back when.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Would you rather they off $2.00?9.50 0n 9.99 a good offer

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Would you rather they off $2.00?9.50 0n 9.99 a good offer

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

some people want to win.............and frankly, I'd let them...........for 50c..........

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

You have butter knives listed for 9.99 but when I click on the auction it says 7.99?????

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

I'd rather give it to Goodwill . It's just too petty for me. Offers of $7.50 on $9.99 items, offers of $9.50 on $9.99 items...sorry, that's just obnoxious. I can get more valur giving it away to someone in need or writing it off on my taxes, which is what I will do with these items.

Please don't waste my time reading emails over 49c. Life is more precious than that.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

They are now $7.99 if you want them.

Recent edit, so may not be showing up correctly yet.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

When someone sends me a best offer 50 cents less than the item I always assume he or she made a mistake punching in numbers and then take the offer.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

@salesforsam wrote:

I get that everyone wants a deal, but please...I have an item listed for $9.99 and a buyer send me a Best Offer for $9.50? Is ebay a garage sale now? How petty can you get? Trying to get 50 cents off a listing?

I am so glad I unloaded a lot of my collectibles back when ebay was...different. Sorry that the things I have left are not going to fetch the prices they would have way back when.

Did you add Best Offer to your listings or did eBay?

If you added it why are you upset over an offer of 95% of the listed price?

If eBay added Best Offer to your listings and it upsets you then remove it.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@salesforsam wrote:

The "collectibles" market is highly volatile, always has been and always will be. Back in the early days of eBay prices were higher than they had ever been and after a few years returned to normal. Many were able to cash in on the dot com bubble, anyone expecting that gravy train to continue forever was...........

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Sometimes it's best to take what is very close to what you want now, than risk possibly being offered less sometime in the future.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

the buyer may have only $9.50 in eBay bucks or a gift card balance & wants to spend it...

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

@salesforsam wrote:

I'd rather give it to Goodwill . It's just too petty for me. Offers of $7.50 on $9.99 items, offers of $9.50 on $9.99 items...sorry, that's just obnoxious. I can get more valur giving it away to someone in need or writing it off on my taxes,

The purpose of listing items on ebay is to convert them into cash.

Does goodwill overvalue donations ?

Are you financially better off with a tax write off?

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Is this ebay adding best offer to actions or were you able to add best offer when you listed?   I recall this being done on auctions a few months ago, but thought the test had ended.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

If you have "best offer" as an option on a listing how can you question whether a buyer is petty or if this is a garage sale when you're enabling the environment and actions to happen? 

I don't know what your situation is but I would simply turn it off. Problem solved.

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

the short answer is ebay has always been a farage sale.  i think at one time it was called the on line garage sale.

The longer answer is what is wrong with an offer $.50 less than your initial price ? 

I don't understand the problem but I'd be willing to listen about it if you want to say something. I might be missing your point.   are used tires now because I had some slightly obsolete parts.   I had a good idea of what they were actually worth and set the price accordingly the only time I get upset is when I have people trying to get the items for a quarter of what I was asking . One guy gave me four different low ball offers  in a row and I didn't except any of them.   I would've happily excepted any offers that were only $.50 less than I wanted .

Message 15 of 39
latest reply