cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some reason nobody leaves feedback anymore?

Been on here for 20 years....And up until 5-6 years ago, everyone left feedback. Buyers and sellers. Now, only about one-quarter of them leave feedback, no matter if it's a buyer OR seller.

Even sellers with an actual Ebay Store, who you would think would use the automated feedback tool that gives you feedback the minute you buy.....but they don't anymore.

As for buyers, even if I send them a message saying "Item shipped today, thanks for your business", AND give them positive feedback......I still rarely get any back.  

What changed?  Is it just a generational thing?  

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Is there some reason nobody leaves feedback anymore?

"Have you ever left a buyer positive feedback after they left you a neutral or negative?  I think we all know the answer to that one."

😮 🤣 🤣 🤣

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

Nope. I've received maybe 4 or 5 negatives in 12 years. All were from buyers who buy something without reading the description. 3 of those had hundreds of posts about them on the old school badbuyerslist site which is no longer up and seemed to ONLY ever leave negs.  

Which is why sellers who say "I leave feedback when feedback is received" REALLY mean "I leave feedback when positive feedback is received".

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 47 of 57
latest reply

And? What's ur point? 

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

What's my point?

I just stated my point.

Sellers who say "I leave feedback when feedback is received" REALLY mean "I leave feedback when positive feedback is received".

People/sellers are different. We do thing differently.

I don't do it the way you do it.

You don't do it the way I do it.

Not a problem.

We disagree. It happens a lot on the boards.

Have  a great weekend.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 49 of 57
latest reply

same to you , enjoy your Sunday. prosperous day to all!!

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

The topic of feedback often becomes so emotional that I wonder if it's tied in part to self-esteem. One person's sense of 'self-entitlement' seems to be another's sense of self-validation.

IAC, I've sold on other platforms for years that don't even have buyer feedback. I think it's a relic of the past and has everything to do with site optics and a drive to acquire and keep buyers, as there are apparently more than enough sellers.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 51 of 57
latest reply

It would help if ebay didn't send messages to buyers to leave FB for their items and when you look the ones cited on the email haven't even been delivered yet.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

The topic of feedback often becomes so emotional that I wonder if it's tied in part to self-esteem. One person's sense of 'self-entitlement' seems to be another's sense of self-validation.

IAC, I've sold on other platforms for years that don't even have buyer feedback. I think it's a relic of the past and has everything to do with site optics and a drive to acquire and keep buyers, as there are apparently more than enough sellers.

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Maybe so, but I'm still not sure what's so difficult or time-consuming about leaving feedback. It takes a total of 3 clicks, big deal.

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

I think there are many issues with the feedback system...I have been selling on ebay now for over 10 years. I think as a seller in the 10 years I maybe had 2 neutral and 2 negatives in literally 9 years of business.... I have now had 2 negative & 2 neutral in 1 year.. Additionally my positive feedback left % I would say is less then 10%-15%. Back in the day i felt I used to be a lot closer to 50% but each year less and less. I honestly dread these buyers anymore. Many are terrible people. 1 Guy wanted free stuff with his order and freaked then it didn't come despite images and description showing EXACTLY what he was buying. For one reason or another ebay wouldn't remove it. Another person mad, an item took less than 10 days from payment to arrival on their doorstep and another that was mad he couldn't pay outside of ebay and scam me with a check( also didn't want to pay fees). That's just the beginning of the terrible interactions I've had lately. I admit I am not patient with these for lack of a better word, imbeciles. I feel like at one point the amount of positive feedback if people actually left it would 10x the couple bad eggs and you wouldn't notice them.. now because only a couple people a month leave positive feedback it really shines a spotlight on your bad and neutral feedback that is largely not your fault. This system promotes negatives and neutrals and really does not push buyers to leave you feedback... At this point feedback has become something you really dread and just hope you dont get.. if you get it largely its someone who is unhappy or wants to make a story. 

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

We all know that FB is optional/voluntary, right? And it seems to me that 1453 would be more than enough FB to assure potential buyers of your reliability and honesty as a seller. 

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 57 of 57
latest reply