Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to find which products are best sellers

looking for help in determining which items are best sellers

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Is there any way to find which products are best sellers

Today's best seller is dead tomorrow.  That's really not a good idea.  Sell what you love and what you can explain.

But, if I had it to do again, I'd sell coins.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

It may be difficult to get too many people to tell you what best selling items are. 

They are probably selling that item and don't want/need the competition.

Of course, if you were in China, you might be able to get a copy of the list of the 'hot items'. 

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Items that sell really fast and easy?

https://crazylister.com/blog/top-selling-items-on-ebay/

Or

Items that sell and you can actually make a profit?

These two things rarely coincide for the average small time eBay seller.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

It's probably just as likely that you will find a way to pick tomorrows winning lottery numbers.  However, some do seem to have good instincts and when they spot something that they think has potential, go with it.  Some people call it LUCK.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

No one will tell you their sources, because they worked hard to find them, although in some categories it’s probably easy to figure out.

I’d suggest making a list of all the different things you like or are curious about yourself, and then spend time looking at completed listings to see if 1.) You have access to similar items and 2.) You can figure specifically why that listing was successful/sold.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Even if you knew exactly which items were best sellers, it would do you no good.   There are already way too many other sellers with those items and the competition would bury you.   

Ideally, you find things that no one else on ebay has for sale.   At least that is what has worked for me.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@jam731 wrote:

@jam731 

Hi! Yes there is a site called WatchCount.com that chronicles hot sellers on eBay and other data you might find useful. Here’s a link:

http://www.watchcount.com/

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@jam731 wrote:

What do you mean by "best sellers"? 

Items that people are purchasing most? 

Items that generate highest dollar volume?

Items that have the best profit margin? 

Items that sell quickly? 

Items that you can easily aquire for resale?

Items that don't generate scams, returns, or non-payers? 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Yes, there is! Click on “account” then on “applications” and go to “marketplace analyzer”. It’s an app, you might have to pay for it but may get a free trial, I can’t recall, but I used to use it all the time. It’s a great app to use to see who/what’s selling by total sales, and by total buyers. You’ll love it. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

You mean what items is every other seller on eBay, AZ, Posh, the Doll, the Ranch, and Alibabbbble selling?

Go where there is little competition, not where there are many others who can buy and ship cheaper than you.

Sell what you know, know what you sell.

But if you want to know, for me it is mint Canadian postage and books by John Norman.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

I haven't looked at the stats, but I'm sure electronics and fashion (new) are high on the list. Tools probably do well also, as well as new home accessories (sheets, towels, dishes, shelves & other furnishings, etc.).

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I know the OP will never come back, but if they do - if they find out, let me know. unamused

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Marketplace analyzer on eBay applications under your account
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Hint:   Don't go fishing where all the other fishermen (or women) are.

What  is hot today  may not be  hot tomorrow and if everyone one is selling something - prices & profits drop quickly.

IA classic example. In 1958 Hula Hoops sold 25 million in the first  6 months, then 100 million by the second year.  By the early 60's sales dropped to about 1 million.  In 1958 a Wham-O Hula Hoop  sold for about $2 to day a Wham-O is about  $30.  Knock offs about $5.   Hence, the phrase "The Hula Hoop fad was not forever" or any other fad - like  those polyester leisure suits, bell bottom slacks or Nehru jackets.  

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 15 of 26
latest reply