cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see the past value of my inventory?

As i approach the year-end, I was adding up what I've added to various investment accounts over the past year, essentially how much better off am I across the board today than a year ago. Although I'd still have to account for fees, shipping, etc, I would like to kind of get an idea what I've added to my Ebay inventory in gross value price of items as I can confidently say I've built up a bigger inventory than at this point last year. I use the cash method for taxes, so I mainly just take the 1099 and then reduce it by expenses, miles, ebay fees, ebay taxes they collected and rolled into the 1099, etc. 

I searched and couldn't find what I wanted. On the active listings page, I can see an inventory valuation based on my prices. I would like to go back a year and see what my inventory value was. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is there a way to see the past value of my inventory?

That  would be a figure you would have to keep on your own books. EBay has nothing to do with your inventory which is comprised of the materials and goods you have  and the tangible value of those items. FYI if you are reporting inventory on your taxes, and for most small sellers there is no need to do so, then you MUST use the accrual method of accounting when doing your taxes. Following is the IRS publication related to inventory. 

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p334 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, as I mentioned, I use the cash method. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

And of course, many sellers have stock on multiple sites, sometimes crosslisted.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, as I mentioned, I use the cash method. 

I noted that and since you do there is no need to worry about inventory or reporting it on your taxes unless you are over the limits for the small business exemption. Cash method is complicated since you recognize expenses and revenue based on the cash flow especially when it crosses the calendar year. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

And of course, many sellers have stock on multiple sites, sometimes crosslisted.

As do I but none of it is inventory on any of those sites. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has some records that may assist you, but won't likely get you all the way to the info you seek.  Your inventory is really something you should be tracking in your own bookkeeping system.  But look these reports over and see if anything will assist you in your efforts.

Remember to look in the left rail for other report options.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/sales

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply