cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to ship an item I sold yesterday even if today the payment is still processing?

I hadn't sold in a long while. Last time I sold, payment came from Paypal but that's not the case these days.

The payment is still processing. But today I am supposed to ship the item since I put ships in 1 day. Is it safe to go ahead and ship?

I don't know what mode of payment the buyer paid, but do processing payments usually credit the next day or should I wait until payment shows in Available Funds before shipping? Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is it safe to ship an item I sold yesterday even if today the payment is still processing?

If it is doesn't show payment completed you don't ship.  I haven't had that happen in a long while, but it used to have an hour glass beside it.  In seller hub if it is in awaiting shipment, then it has been paid

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: Is it safe to ship an item I sold yesterday even if today the payment is still processing?

if it says to ship then thats what needs to be done

I no longer pay attention to MP

I just look in seller hub at the ready to ship column

payments usually show up in my bank the day after its sent

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks. They have paid and seller fees came out of their payment but their payment is still showing as 'processing'.  I have put a shipping label on it already but will hold onto it until status changes to Funds Available.

I guess there could be an issue with the payment while processing? I have no idea how everything works now. All I know is it is danged expensive now to sell on Ebay.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it is safe to ship if Ebay notifies you to ship now and that is what you need to do to stay within your stated shipping time.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it's safe to ship. the payment was received by ebay and it's just in the processing to be applied to your account. You would not see the ship button if payment was not complete.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Is it in the Awaiting Shipment tab, under the Orders column, of your Seller Hub? If so, you need to ship.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

"but will hold onto it until status changes to Funds Available"

If funds show pending and the order page says ship ship it.

What is your handling time set to??

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Here's a link to information on Managed Payments and how it works: https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/payments-and-fees/payments-and-earnings

It's worth the time to spend a few minutes reading this. Things have changed, as you saw. Generally, you still need to ship within your stated handing time, as long as your Seller Hub says "awaiting shipment." Funds from a sale will be in processing for a day or two and then become available.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You are a new seller or you haven't sold in a long time. New sellers might not get access to the money for 21 days or even more if it is a high cost item that needs additional review. Only count on seeing the item in your awaiting shipment list, with the indication on the actual listing that it is ok to ship. (Don't rely on messaging, it should be on the listing.) If eBay says to ship, you need to ship, then wait the 21 days (more or less) before you get your money. You can use the current funds to print your address label.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks everyone. I will ship out today.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Others have already provided you with the answer to the shipping question. There is one more thing. You, for all practical purposes appear as a new seller, and you sold a high value high target item that scammers love. Before you actually ship this write down and keep the IMEI number for the phone in case this turns out to be a scam. If it does you can report the phone to the IMEI blacklist as being stolen and it will render the phone virtually useless to the buyer without them having to go through considerable effort to get it removed from the blacklist. Do no send any receipts from when you purchased the phone in the shipment those are for your records. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If you are using ebay managed payments & ebay sends you a notice that you sold & item & it can be shipped, then you are paid. ebay wants its money from the buyer first because, how else can they then extract their fees from the sale?

The time clock to ship begins when ebay notifies you to ship the item - not when you are personally comfortable with the funds.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

NO!,

It would give the buyer a chance to cancel payment through their processor while your item is already in transit

Never ship until Paid!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply