cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to put most listings on vacation and leave a few sellable>

I am in the process of moving and need as much cash flow as possible. I have a long time store with over 900 listings, and am moving to a new home across the country.  Is it possible to put the “home”listings on vacation and still have the handful of listings in my new home for sale? I appreciate any info you have.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You cannot do this with the usual Time Away/Vacation settings.

I see you have already turned on Vacation mode but for future reference there is a way.......

1 - The following works for Fixed Price only

2 - Do not use Time Away

3 - Turn on the Out Of Stock option

4 - Bulk edit all the listings you want to hide to "currently listed with ZERO quantity

5 - Leave the ones you want to remain saleable

6 - When you return bulk edit your zero quantity items back to 1

This method gets complicated if your FP listings are multi-quantity but if they all just 1 available then it's easy.

Out Of Stock listings will remain listed for at least 2 full months before eBay will end them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You cannot do this with the usual Time Away/Vacation settings.

I see you have already turned on Vacation mode but for future reference there is a way.......

1 - The following works for Fixed Price only

2 - Do not use Time Away

3 - Turn on the Out Of Stock option

4 - Bulk edit all the listings you want to hide to "currently listed with ZERO quantity

5 - Leave the ones you want to remain saleable

6 - When you return bulk edit your zero quantity items back to 1

This method gets complicated if your FP listings are multi-quantity but if they all just 1 available then it's easy.

Out Of Stock listings will remain listed for at least 2 full months before eBay will end them.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@tr3ats wrote:
Is it possible to put most listings on vacation and leave a few sellable

No, that is not possible.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not sure exactly what you want to do,  but you could run auctions as they aren't affected by the Time Away setting....... 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@tr3ats 

Oh how fun, a new adventure! Already good advice given, so I just wanted to wish you the best in your new home! ( don't forget to change your Addy with ebay)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No.

Are you currently using the "out of stock" option?

If so, set the listings that  you don't want to deal with to "0" inventory. People will no longer be able to buy from those listings.  When you are ready to sell again, set the quantity to anything higher than 0.  

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Another option that hasn't been suggested yet- end the listings you want to pause and leave up the others. Relist those listings when you're ready to sell again. This will lose any sales history, watchers, etc- so it's not the right option for everybody but it will work for some. I thought it was worth mentioning.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply