cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or anyone else have the same issue with ATLANTA DISTRUBITION CENTER?

Hello,

I have been selling on Ebay for almost 10 years.

I hope my complain reaches the right authorities.

I lose more packages in ATLANTA anywhere else in the world... What kind of operation is that. Lately it is so many lost items, I really started thinking my packages getting stolen in Atlanta Distrubition Center. 

4or 5 out of 100 going thru Atlanta distribution Center going missing...!!! That is not a acceptable rate....

Pls hoping I can reach someone with authorities, and look into this.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Is it me or anyone else have the same issue with ATLANTA DISTRUBITION CENTER?

@suninternational 

Other posts on the subject, and may even be a "google" thing.

Known delays in that location involving the consolidation of processing facilities, and a "less than smooth" transition causing many delays. Likely your packages are not lost. Just sitting in a truck/bin/cage waiting to be processed.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Is it me or anyone else have the same issue with ATLANTA DISTRUBITION CENTER?

Mainly just that distribution center having issues.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/usps-mail-delays-georgia-senators-seek-answers-to-undelivered-parce...

It's been in the news. I only did 1 package that went through to Atlanta and it experienced a 1 day delay.

No one is going to look into this here as it's already news coverage where senators are writing letters. If they can't resolve it, no one here can.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It's a disaster there. Short staffed, broken equipment, you name it. There are a few areas like that in the country. Mine seem to always get lost in Chicago, which is also a mess. Austin is another one. 

Unfortunately complaining here isn't going to do anything. We are sellers like you. All we can do is provide tracking when the inevitable  INR comes in. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I'm based in Georgia myself and this last month has been a nightmare. I'm quick to ship out, either same day or next business day, with a 3 day handling time on listings, but things are periodically getting delayed. Some shipments will run smoothly,  like they are supposed to, but most either have a delay or end up getting put in the "in transit " loop. It's doesn't help that eBay puts a 3 day delivery estimate on most of my listings, because of previous shipping history. I've had a total of 4 item not recieved claims opened in this current month alone, and actively trying to locate those packages. Usps hasn't been very helpful in the whole process. I usually will open a search case, and they will just basically say they can't find it. Sad thing is, even if I refund the buyers for thier purchase,  usps won't allow a insurance claim until 15 days after last scan and if that package gets delivered within 30days, it's no longer eligible for insurance claim. I pride myself on getting orders out as fast as possible but right now USPS has dropped the ball so hard that I'm looking incompetent. I'm considering switching to ups, but the cost of shipping is rather high for what I sell, so it would force me to have to raise pricing, and most likely slowing down sales due to that increase. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I emailed many times no response, called they don't even bother to answer the phone... This is serious issue with Post office doing as a business entity with other businesses.. Crazy ignorant, lousy operation, I wish, I could have option to exclude Atlanta on my shipping list...!  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I wonder Ebay could step in do something about it?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I hope someone from Ebay reading this !!!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@suninternational wrote:

I wonder Ebay could step in do something about it?

What do you think Ebay could do about it?

Have a great day
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@suninternational wrote:

I hope someone from Ebay reading this !!!

It's a USPS issue, not Ebay.

Even if someone from Ebay read this, there's nothing they could do.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

They don't have any control over the post office. It would be nice if they gave us sellers a break tho!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

lost 3 INRs this week. THEN after the buyer gets refunded tracking shows delivered. About 30 days later.  Now I have to ask buyers to pay after they get their ites for free and try to get the defects removed.  This is happening mostly with first class mail.  I bumped all of my active items from first class letter to ground advantage.  I will get zero sales (got one today) but it is the only way the item will move

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I'm Sorry I'm confused.

You were using first class letter that I believe has no tracking and disputing refunding?

I would have saved myself the defects and just refunded as it's auto lose + defect if you don't.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply