cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone slow or is it just me ?

I usually sell at least 3 items per day and there is always best offers or sales that were made overnight when i check in the morning.

I have not sold anything for the past 5 or 6 days and i'm down almost 40 percent now.

I have listed items that normally sell within a few hours and are not selling at all.

Is it just me ? Or is everyone down ?

Thanks,

Greg.

Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Is everyone slow or is it just me ?

No, the story is, Google turned off eBay, 5 years ago when they went pay to play, in other words, if you don't advertise on Google, they will not feature you high in the organic search results either.

Message 91 of 119
latest reply

@studiodog1 wrote:

I usually sell at least 3 items per day and there is always best offers or sales that were made overnight when i check in the morning.

I have not sold anything for the past 5 or 6 days and i'm down almost 40 percent now.

I have listed items that normally sell within a few hours and are not selling at all.

Is it just me ? Or is everyone down ?

Thanks,

Greg.

It's slow for many people.  As mentioned items priced under market (I mean lower than your competitors) they sell quicker.  I don't have many items that can be compared with other sellers because usually clothing is one of a kind if it's vintage, which I have a lot of at the moment.

I took three months off a year or so ago and when I came back I seemed to have gotten a boost.  I'm not sure if there's an actual policy in play for that but I'm trying my hand at it again and hoping it helps.  The items I have are all pretty much winter items anyway so, if anything, not having anything listed wont hurt my sales> impression> click through ratios I don't think.    I may lose TSR rating but as far as I'm concerned having it is of little value.  

I'm sorry if my response ads no value to your op, or maybe it does, who knows!

Message 92 of 119
latest reply

If you are slow, then you should be listing more.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 93 of 119
latest reply

It's starting to pick up. 2 sales yesterday and 1 so far today relieved

Message 94 of 119
latest reply

It's so nice when someone replies!

i always feel so alone out here.

I appreciate what you are saying, summer is slow. At our B&M, after Fourth of July until fall, it was always a massive slow down. (Used to do big back to school, then school started in August, so no big new school clothes) But, back then, we were able to take a nice beach vacation and recharge.

We started this to make some $$ on this huge amount of things we ended up with. (Inherited,collected, kids left behind, closed store sold, building with 10,000 square feet of things)

And we thought we would have fun looking for things to sell.

We planned it for a year, and see how it went.

Its Waaay different than I ever imagined.

Its such a hard way to make $$. Lonely, frustrating. Things take forever to move. My nice house has piles of things every where. Afraid to sell anything big ticket, postage is a killer, prices and profits are low. And I'm always afraid we will do something wrong and Ebay will bite us!

Really, not planning on keeping on spending the hours here. 

We are just not set up to be able to make it worthwhile. Need a newer bigger computer. Organized storage, better way for photos. Social interaction.

Good luck to you, but, I just want to step away. (At least some!)

Message 95 of 119
latest reply

It's not the number of listed items, it's the abrupt stop in sales that got me to start this thread. Some months i have 60 + listings some others i have 40 + listings. It's not the quantity of listed items, it's the rare and hard to find items that make my sales.
Message 96 of 119
latest reply

Keep on hangin on lindy, it will get better.
I noticed that i was not using the mobile friendly checker that's available, I started using it to correct my listings and i saw an increase in sales, Just sayin
Message 97 of 119
latest reply

Thanks for the tip! Mobile Checker?

I will give it a try.

Message 98 of 119
latest reply

Slower than molasses

Message 99 of 119
latest reply

3 sales in 2 days and then it just dropped dead.
Slower than molasses in winter is just about right.
It's summer and i can't even sell a pair of sunglasses, how's that for irony ?
Helplessly Hoping !
Message 100 of 119
latest reply

I usually do well this time of year but sales have slipped, like you I offer sales etc.  Not sure. I'm a small seller so maybe trying to boot us out and leave room for the big guys.

Message 101 of 119
latest reply

Me too, but with the fees the way they are not sure how long I will do it. I actually have enjoyed and made a little extra monsy, but time will tell.

Message 102 of 119
latest reply

Because I do mostly pre-owned clothing my summer stuff flies from May thru sept and then it slows for me. This year is different.

Message 103 of 119
latest reply

Its very slow now for me too

Message 104 of 119
latest reply

It's starting to pick up but i had to change my selling strategy and bundle stuff to make sales.

It looks like it's working but only time will tell.

Good luck all !

Message 105 of 119
latest reply