cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Allowed?

Seller is re-bottling chlorhexadine 4% into unmarked spray bottles and selling it as part of a sanitation package at an inflated price. In addition to the outrageous price his cleaning bundle has been listed for,  one of his pictures shows a gallon jug with a label that says:  "For veterinary use only.  Keep out of reach of children.  For external animal use only."

From the internet:  Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution is a topical antibiotic used as a skin cleanser.  It is active against gram-positive and gram-negative organisms, facultative anaerobes, aerobes, and yeast. 

Selling unmarked bottles of a chemical designated for animals doesn't seem safe but I wondered if this is permitted on eBay?

Incidentally, I have tried reporting for Price Gouging and the listing remains.   I have also searched and searched and can not find a way to contact anyone at Ebay inasmuch as none of the subject choices apply and links lead back to an "article" which is suppose to address and answer questions about the topic you have chosen.   
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is This Allowed?

just report it and let Ebay sort the rest out

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You obviously did not read from my original post:   I have tried reporting it and the listing remains.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

and you obviously did not take heed to my words of letting Ebay sort the rest out  

Ebay isnt going to just snatch a listing  over your lone report. 

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You can Contact eBay by email

Re: price gouging

Send eBay proof of typical product cost from non eBay suppliers

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Since vets use chlorhexidine for animal skin conditions, and the seller is advertising it for veterinary use only, I dont see why that product would be considered price gouging.

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If selling perfume and cosmetics decants is against Ebay policy, I would imagine selling veterinary chemicals the same way would be as well, but I can't seem to find anything at all regarding veterinary products.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

If selling perfume and cosmetics decants is against Ebay policy, I would imagine selling veterinary chemicals the same way would be as well, but I can't seem to find anything at all regarding veterinary products.

not arguing the issue..........but people breakdown and repackage alot of big quantities (which to me is decanting) in various categories, such as flours.....and other foodstuffs........

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

. . . people breakdown and repackage alot of big quantities (which to me is decanting) in various categories, such as flours.....and other foodstuffs........

@dhbookds 

Really? Man, I just can't imagine buying food items--especially things like flour--that someone else had repackaged. Call me squeamish . . .

Message 9 of 9
latest reply