cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International order

In the last few minutes I received an order for 5 items from a buyer in Denmark.   He is asking for an invoice but ebay does not allow invoices to be sent to international buyers.  I assume he wants a better price on shipping.   How would you handle this?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

International order

Ebay International Shipping does not allow combined orders, yet.

I advise International Buyers to contact me prior to buying multiple items. I prepare a special listing for the buyer with the items they wish to buy and allow them to buy them as a single order.

These orders will need to be cancelled and a new order for the combination placed.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

International order

Seller has to go into "Manage shipping settings page"...select edit beside Allow combined payments and Choose the time period during which you're willing to combine payment for purchased items and select Save. I choose 3 days so I can cancel  sale if buyer does not pay in 3 days. 

When International Buyer sends an invoice to seller to see if there might be combined shipping...these items will be sent aside for the buyer to pay in 3 days

A buyer told me how to do it....it turns on rather quickly.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

International order

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Seller has to go into "Manage shipping settings page"...select edit beside Allow combined payments and Choose the time period during which you're willing to combine payment for purchased items and select Save. I choose 3 days so I can cancel  sale if buyer does not pay in 3 days. 

When International Buyer sends an invoice to seller to see if there might be combined shipping...these items will be sent aside for the buyer to pay in 3 days

A buyer told me how to do it....it turns on rather quickly.

None of this is accurate, see the post by @tobaccocardyahoo for real info.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

International order

I disagree. I have International buyers sending me an invoice for combined shipping on my orders of more than one item they wish to buy. I do combine shipping for International Shipping and I use USPS for my International orders where it only cost $1.60...no tracking though.

I suggest you go into "Manage shipping settings page". I can't imagine I am the only seller who gets an invoice for International Shipping total from a buyer. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

International order

I'm not sure you are correct. The seller isn't using eBays international shipping program.

1000004296.jpg

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

International order

He is using what I am using. So it will work for him.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

International order

It should. You only can't combine if you use the actual EIS program where eBay acts as a freight forwarder.

If the seller is shipping directly international you should be able to.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

International order

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I disagree. I have International buyers sending me an invoice for combined shipping on my orders of more than one item they wish to buy. I do combine shipping for International Shipping and I use USPS for my International orders where it only cost $1.60...no tracking though.

Ebay International Shipping is a freight forwarding service currently run by DHL for Ebay. I does not support invoicing for combined shipments.

It does not support any untracked shipping methods.

It is cheaper than using tracked methods of shipping, in most cases.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

International order

Selling will have the option to put any shipping price they want into the invoice and send it back to buyer.

Seller is using USPS like I do. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

International order

Correct.

I opt-out of EIS program. I prefer USPS. And I have never used an eBay Shipping label.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

International order

@robbie31415 wrote:

I'm not sure you are correct. The seller isn't using eBays international shipping program.

1000004296.jpg

Of the 5 items the OP sold today, 4 of them, are using eBay International Shipping and only one is direct shipping via USPS.

The one USPS shipment cannot be combined with the EIS orders and the EIS orders can't be combined unless they were purchased at the same time with a single checkout.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

International order

Correct.

That is a seller's problem.

I just want sellers to know there is International Combined Shipping available where a buyer can send a invoice to seller for multiple orders.

Perhaps opt-out of EIS program would make it easier for some.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

International order

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

In the last few minutes I received an order for 5 items from a buyer in Denmark.   He is asking for an invoice but ebay does not allow invoices to be sent to international buyers.  I assume he wants a better price on shipping.   How would you handle this?

Because of the mix in your shipping settings (some eIS, some direct ship), I would handle this by asking the buyer if they wanted to cancel the orders and you can create a single listing for them to purchase with combined shipping. Go from there.

Then I would evaluate the shipping settings on your current listings to decide if you want to use eIS or direct ship (or direct ship to some areas and eIS to others) and go from there.

If you ship direct you can set up combined shipping rules on your shipping preferences page.

If you use eIS there is no combined shipping right now, but the shipping team told us that will be changing before the end of the year.

Hope that helps @vintage-camerastuff .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply