cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International buyer chargeback dispute

I shipped the order on time on Feb 8th. It is March 23rd today. The tracking shows the package is running late being delivered. The original estimated delivery date is March 15th. Buyer filed a chargeback because the item has not arrived yet. Why is eBay asking me to challenge or refund? This should be clearly covered under seller protection automatically, right?

the_knowledgeable_computer_nerd_0-1711240361639.png

Here are the terms of seller protection for international shipments:

the_knowledgeable_computer_nerd_1-1711240520569.png

It says "you're protected from: ...a buyer reports an item hasn't arrived...". 

I shipped the item as described and on time. How can I respond to this in a way that gives me the seller protection I'm entitled to per eBay's policy? I assume refunding the buyer from my funds will close the possibility of seller protection, correct?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: International buyer chargeback dispute

Was it shipped via EIS (ebay international shipping) or some other way?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay international shipping.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If you used eBay internationally shipping program then yes you are protected.

If you shipped internationally directly, or used eBay international standard delivery, EISD (Not the same as eBay international shipping eIS) then you need 2 things to qualify for INR chargeback protection. Delivered tracking, and acceptance scan proving you handled it within the advertised handling time on the listing.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Was it shipped via EIS (ebay international shipping) or some other way?

Recent solds all show USPS First Class International.

@the_knowledgeable_computer_nerd 

If tracking does not show delivery then you will not be covered by Seller Protection. This is the same as any domestic order.

Seller Protection would apply if you used eBay International Shipping where you ship to an eBay hub in the US and they take care of the rest and are responsible for any issues after reaching the hub.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Oh I might be screwed then. I remember distinctly using eBay international shipping but maybe I'm mistaken. I see the label type is USPS First Class International.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The screen shot you're showing is for eIS eBay's International shipping program. I looked through your sold listings I didn't see any that shipped with eIS, you ship worldwide but that isn't the same as eIS. With eIS you would've shipped to eBay's shipping hub in either California or Illinois. 
They would handle any returns or disputes. But since it doesn't look like you used eIS you need to upload tracking into the dispute, eBay doesn't get involved in credit card disputes that aren't eIS unfortunately.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay doesn't get involved in credit card disputes that aren't eIS unfortunately.

Sure they do and Seller Protection would apply IF tracking shows delivery.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

EIS: Ebay will take care of it.  Nothing for you to do.

First Class International: Ebay will get involved and may or may not find in your favor depending on the tracking/delivery status.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 9
latest reply