cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting coincident??

carlsthings
Trailblazer

I use to post regularly in this discussion board but I have  fallen off the  last year or so.  I came in yesterday to see how other sells were doing on sales because despite my number of listing going up significantly my sale have not.  Made a few comments about how eBay could actually improve sales for us all rather than their 50K free listings offer that only crazy small-medium sellers would do to the max.

Anyway,  I posted and moved on.  Now in less than 24 hours I have had 5 sales to 4 customers on an item that started with an initial inventory of 9 and been a unremarkable  sales history until yesterday.  

So eBay I posted again and i need you to sell some more high dollar items for me  Those items that I make only a buck or 2 on  is going to make things hard to justify maintaining my store.  Sell my $225 item please.

Is there cause and effect to this?  For you?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Interesting coincident??

I am smiling. It would be nice if ebay rewarded community members for their efforts on this board. Heck, it would be nice if they even read these boards and acted on some of the suggestions. I am smiling, but it is a wry smile.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

We can call eBay employees to a thread by using @ + their eBay ID.

This is often helpful when policies need to be clarified, although there is often too much "official line" in the answer.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@darkeyedman 

They (eBay staff) do read the boards.  I received two helpfuls in the past week from eBay staff in two different posts where they had not been paged to the thread.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@carlsthings wrote:

I use to post regularly in this discussion board but I have  fallen off the  last year or so.  I came in yesterday to see how other sells were doing on sales because despite my number of listing going up significantly my sale have not.  Made a few comments about how eBay could actually improve sales for us all rather than their 50K free listings offer that only crazy small-medium sellers would do to the max.

Anyway,  I posted and moved on.  Now in less than 24 hours I have had 5 sales to 4 customers on an item that started with an initial inventory of 9 and been a unremarkable  sales history until yesterday.  

So eBay I posted again and i need you to sell some more high dollar items for me  Those items that I make only a buck or 2 on  is going to make things hard to justify maintaining my store.  Sell my $225 item please.

Is there cause and effect to this?  For you?

Uh...no.  I help out as a community mentor and it hasn't done jack for my sales. That includes also recommendations for relief as opposed to yet more free listings.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Figure all the Nosy Netties on here took a look at your listings and bought some stuff?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@membersinceaug2001 wrote:

Figure all the Nosy Netties on here took a look at your listings and bought some stuff?

I think that's more likely - one reason I post under my seller ID - I try never to miss an opportunity to advertise my wares!  I see some yummy cookware in @carlsthings listing.  Now THAT would be handy - everyone cooking at home all the time now.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Uh...no.  I help out as a community mentor and it hasn't done jack for my sales. 

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@carlsthings wrote:

I use to post regularly in this discussion board but I have  fallen off the  last year or so.  

Uh...no.  I help out as a community mentor and it hasn't done jack for my sales. 

The very least that eBay should do is to send out yearly an electronic " your participation on the community boards is greatly appreciated"   😀

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Yes!!!  Buy it all.   I was thinking the same thing.  Now that we are quarantined might as well cook some peas or an egg or 2.  I got the tools to do both. For now.  My sources have dried up like a pandemic sweeping across a continent.

And my sales are steady low.  Got to work on the low part.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@carlsthings wrote:

I use to post regularly in this discussion board but I have  fallen off the  last year or so.  

The very least that eBay should do is to send out yearly an electronic " your participation on the community boards is greatly appreciated"   😀

Actually they sent me a really nice backpack - so even if it makes no difference to my sales, they did remember me!  Even if my jokes are really corny.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

OMG here we go again.  There is NO MAGIC SWITCH !!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@carlsthings wrote:

Yes!!!  Buy it all.   I was thinking the same thing.  Now that we are quarantined might as well cook some peas or an egg or 2.  I got the tools to do both. For now.  My sources have dried up like a pandemic sweeping across a continent.

And my sales are steady low.  Got to work on the low part.

Are you actually "quarantined" or just asked to stay home.  There is a big difference.  I'm hoping you are just on a stay home directive from your state politicians and that you are not infected and in "quarantine".

Stay safe and healthy.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I live in Florida and our Governor is Trump Jr. I think he gets his public statements cleared by the WH. I am also 65 yo and not interested in adding myself to the hell that is our healthcare system right now. As such, I do not take my healthcare concerns and advice from either the President or Fla's Governor. I guess I am voluntarily staying at the house. I am healthy and take my temperature daily and it has never been over 98.6. But I take the advice i heard one day. Assume you are infected as well as everyone you contact. So i limit my exposure.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Coincidence yes. Don't expect a $225 item to be sold unless it is normally valued at $800. Very few people will be spending $225 for items they really don't need right now.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@carlsthings wrote:
I live in Florida and our Governor is Trump Jr. I think he gets his public statements cleared by the WH. I am also 65 yo and not interested in adding myself to the hell that is our healthcare system right now. As such, I do not take my healthcare concerns and advice from either the President or Fla's Governor. I guess I am voluntarily staying at the house. I am healthy and take my temperature daily and it has never been over 98.6. But I take the advice i heard one day. Assume you are infected as well as everyone you contact. So i limit my exposure.

Now that I completely understand.  I'm 64 and in the state of Washington.  I have complete respect for what you are saying.

But with that said, if you can do it by yourself, clean out the office or at least the important stuff, then you aren't at risk.  And you might just enjoy a little outing.    You won't get exposed if you aren't around anyone.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply